Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who on this forum believe Minelab has something up there sleeve??? (A good thing)

Bud-sc

I think Minelab is up to something in a good way. I think when the Equinox comes out at the end of the month then a little later another Equinox will be out by summer. Probably the 1000. That Equinox will have the GPS and some additional goodies. I just can't believe there are only the 600/800.

Bud-sc said:
I think Minelab is up to something in a good way. I think when the Equinox comes out at the end of the month then a little later another Equinox will be out by summer. Probably the 1000. That Equinox will have the GPS and some additional goodies. I just can't believe there are only the 600/800.

I would be very surprised if it happened that soon to be honest. They have stated that it is the beginning of things to come as far as Multi-IQ goes, I'm sure a higher end machine is already in the works.

IMHO much depends on when the patents run out on FBS. How long has it been around, 10+yrs ?
It may be MIQ buys them another long run "only we have it". If thats the plan I would guess better
models will work there way up the line & FBS will be chopped to 1 or 2 models for those who
prefer it. EQ's will be like AT's where better models are released over time. The reason there are 2 models to
start is to fill the price point of the XTerra. So my prediction is Go Find on the low end, MIQ in the middle
& working up, FBS scaled down to a few high end models just above MIQ's.
Tomorrow I will look up the FBS patent date..........

Anyhows that container ship is out in the Pacific right now with a box full of EQ 800's. SOON GUYS !

73 Tom
LFOD !

TomNH said:
IMHO much depends on when the patents run out on FBS. How long has it been around, 10+yrs ?
It may be MIQ buys them another long run "only we have it". If thats the plan I would guess better
models will work there way up the line & FBS will be chopped to 1 or 2 models for those who
prefer it. EQ's will be like AT's where better models are released over time. The reason there are 2 models to
start is to fill the price point of the XTerra. So my prediction is Go Find on the low end, MIQ in the middle
& working up, FBS scaled down to a few high end models just above MIQ's.
Tomorrow I will look up the FBS patent date..........

Anyhows that container ship is out in the Pacific right now with a box full of EQ 800's. SOON GUYS !

73 Tom
LFOD !

That would be great information about the FBS patient date!!!

TomNH said:

73 Tom
LFOD !

I thought they were flying them over and dropping them by parachute?????

I would not be surprised at all to see, in say two years, a "CTZ 4040" released, which would be an evolved Multi-IQ-based "flagship." Total speculation, but it's basically in line with the other speculation going on in this thread.

Consider the GPX series... Gold Prospecting, an "X," and then model numbers. PI-based gold prospecting units. After the 5000 model, a "new technology" was introduced and incorporated (ZVT -- zero-volt transmission) and so GPX became GPZ -- the "Z" to show it's a new technology.

SO, similarly, the CTX... Coin Treassure, an "X," and then model numbers. An FBS-based coin/treasure unit. Now that we have the "new technology" of Multi-IQ, a CTZ would make sense. Hence -- CTZ-4040, a Multi-IQ-based flagship?

And "after" any FBS patent would expire, could make sense...

Just thinking out loud. Useless pondering, I know! :)

Steve

BBS and CZ technology came out about 1989-90, FBS in 1999. I believe patents last 17 yrs from the time they're granted. (any patent lawyers out there?)

I don't see other manufacturers using BBS or CZ technology, both of which manage the salt water of the ocean beaches. Minelab is still making the Excalibur and Fisher the CZ-3D. Both of these 'technologies' are nearly 30 years old.

Why is that?

I don't see Minelab making the next step with the Equinox for about 2 years. They'll give time for things to shake out in the field and acquire feedback of where users want to go next.

Just my opinion.

Rich

Rich (Utah) said:
BBS and CZ technology came out about 1989-90, FBS in 1999. I believe patents last 17 yrs from the time they're granted. (any patent lawyers out there?)

I don't see other manufacturers using BBS or CZ technology, both of which manage the salt water of the ocean beaches. Minelab is still making the Excalibur and Fisher the CZ-3D. Both of these 'technologies' are nearly 30 years old.

Why is that?

I don't see Minelab making the next step with the Equinox for about 2 years. They'll give time for things to shake out in the field and acquire feedback of where users want to go next.

Just my opinion.

Rich

None of the other companies are copying those older multi-freq detectors because they cant. It takes a lot more just plugging 2 or more feqs together in a detector and saying "there ya go". Whites had to pay minelab for help to get their multi-freq to actually work. If it was easy, they would all do it.

If they come out that soon..... they either watered the EQ down and didnt offer us an update to the program, fixed some machine issues, or added some bells and whistles with a steeper price tag. I believe this will be a platform down the road........ and multi task machines seem to be in. So expect to loose a line or two.

Dew

nagov said:

73 Tom
LFOD !

I thought they were flying them over and dropping them by parachute?????

10/10 Brilliant quip.:lol: Lerry.

Whites had to pay minelab for help to get their multi-freq to actually work.

I thought they put that monkey to bed a long time ago that White's had paid Minelab. Wasn't it found that White's multi-frequency was nothing like Minelabs?

Kind of like saying all other vehicle manufactures have to pay Ford to make a multi passenger car.

You are dreaming if you think anything will come out soon. The only way something will come out in two years is if the other manufacturers come out with something that will affect Minelabs bottom line. Until then, I would say the NOX will be there only new coin machine until 2023.

Beyonder said:
You are dreaming if you think anything will come out soon. The only way something will come out in two years is if the other manufacturers come out with something that will affect Minelabs bottom line. Until then, I would say the NOX will be there only new coin machine until 2023.

My first reaction to this was NO WAY, theyll bring out something new before that, but when I think back on all the past releases, they do seem to be on a 5 year timeline.

This link to the story of Minelab breaks down their releases pretty nicely. I think we could see a new flagship detector within the next couple years. Sorry if this was already discussed I didn't read through the entire thread.

https://www.minelab.com/consumer/knowledge-base/history

You mean like they did with the X-Terra line releasing the 50 and then coming out with the 70 a short time later? One could always wait to find out. I'm not.

I'll be glad to write that check if they do! I'll never not own the latest and greatest from Minelab,it's a must have period,bring it on Minelab!!!

I do, just hope to lie long enough to try out a Platypus