Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WHO said the f75 isnt deep....

Glen in Maine

I found this 1940 Jefferson nickel 12" deep+. Got a decent signal... my setting were.. 0 disc, sen 95, Tones 3H, Mode DE. I could not believe my eyes.... kept digging and digging that was the only thing in the hole..plus I have a witness. The other item shown is either lead or brass. Its heaver than iron but is in melted form... any ideas... (wish it were golf... but not soft enough)

That is scary stuff. Wish it had been some truly amazing from the 1800's for the work you put into digging.
A man has got to ask himself, "how deep is too deep"? If the 1940s are that deep how deep are the old
coins we want. Great job. Thanks for the post.

HH, Don

waiting on my workmans comp. settlement then ill have f75 of my own till now bh 505 will have to do cant wait to run f75 over my old areas ive got some good finds 1912 v nickle 1936 buffalo lots of wheats 1942 rosie quater 3 murcurys 1917s oldest but know better finds are there nite time dreams of f75 hunts to come:wiggle:

n/t

Nice one Glen! You can always tell the deep ones because they have a little purple oxidation tinge to them. What type of substrate did that coin come from? Hard packed dirt? Sand? Some time ago, I made it a point to measure the length of my hand from tip of middle finger to wrist (7.5 inches), just so I would always have depth calibration "handy" (heh heh). I've pulled silver coins from 9 inches, which seems like forever when you are digging in dirt. Nice going. - Jim