Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who to contact at Garrett

gordygroover

I have a message sent to John in Edmonton with this same story but figured I would throw it out to the masses also. Sorry for the long read.
Late summer my Ace 250 went silent. No tones either with or without head phones. I boxed it up and sent it in. Couple weeks later I get the phone call that it is fixed. Seems a diode went haywire and was replaced. The bill was forty bucks..gave them my card info and it arrived back a few days later. Put in batteries and fired it up. Got a nice bell tone from my wedding ring so I shut the old girl off and hung her back up on the garage wall. My A.T Pro is my daily unit as the Ace is just a back up, loaner detector.
Had a group hunt this past weekend and took the Ace along and guess what?? Oh don't go thinking it isn't sending out noise...far from it. It won't shut up. Nothing I can do will silence the creature down. Changed location....nope. Tried all three coils...nope. Factory reset...nope. All connections tight...nope again.
This is my fourth Ace 250 and I have a good understanding of the machine so I honestly believe it came back from the factory this way. Now I am sure most of you will just say "send it back to the factory and Garrett will fix you up". We'll stop and give that some thought for a second. Sure they will dig into it for another forty bucks like I was quoted over the phone this morning but is that really right??
Say your car won't start when you turn the key....the shop installs a new ignition switch and you drive home. When you get there turning the key doesn't shut the car off. How willing would you be to hand over more money to the shop?
I Am uncomfortable in returning my Ace until I can talk to someone that is further up the decision making ladder than just the first voice that answers the phone. I want to be able to give my tracking number and the above info to someone that can compare previous repairs with the condition of the unit in its present state. Don't want my unit held hostage in other words.
Does anyone have a contact name or e-mail address of a. Person at Garrett's other than just a general company address?
This is my fifth Garrett detector and I am on my second pro-pointer so I have many dealings with the company. All of them good so far. I want to make sure to avoid a situation that may change my opinion.
Thanks for any names or addresses you can provide me with.
Gordy

Happy to say john-Edmonton supplied me with three contact names for my questions.
Thanks for the help John.

Sue at Garrett , she is very helpful ! GL

I'm glad you got things straightened out with Garrett. When reading your post, I noticed one thing that made me say "Oh no!!!" The garage is NOT the place to store your detectors. There is just too much temperature variation out there and it's just not good for electronics to be subjected to that. Find a place inside to store them and keep them clean and ready to go for the next hunt. JMHO, but no way any of my detectors will be left out when not in use. Happy Hunting!!

Nothing is straightened out yet. I will be making a call sometime this a.m.
My little part of the country doesn't have much in the way of temperature swings. Sitting alongside the Pacific Ocean keeps us at a pretty mild constant in regards to temps....never hot...never very cold. Just boringly similar day after day.
Three grandsons make the garage the safest place for anything of fragility I have learned as the ten foot ceilings keep things out of reach from the masters of disasters.

Talked to Mary and she typed in a detailed description of the past information of the Ace. Bringing up the tracking number will allow the repair person access to all the info so I should then be billed accordingly.
That is all any of us should expect in a fair and honest business dealing I feel.