Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who uses the environmental covers?

wayne_etc

Since I want to keep my Core in mint shape I've always hunted with both covers on. One issue I've noticed though is that the little vinyl "window" in the handle cover makes it kind of hard to read the numbers on the screen. Anyone have a solution (other than taking off the handle cover)?

w

wayne_etc said:
Since I want to keep my Core in mint shape I've always hunted with both covers on. One issue I've noticed though is that the little vinyl "window" in the handle cover makes it kind of hard to read the numbers on the screen. Anyone have a solution (other than taking off the handle cover)?

w
Wayne, I also like to take care of my detectors and keep them as clean as possible. I usually do not use environmental covers on most detectors, preferring to just pamper them as I go, with an exception being the Racer and FORS CoRe. Since I got the Pro package I installed the EC's because it was periodically raining at the time. I left the covers on the Racer because they are easy to remove, and the flashlight still works when it gets dark. I will use that light during night hunting in the heat of the summer when nighttime in the ghost towns is a more pleasant temperature.

I might have a friend who does stitch work put a hole in my FORS grip cover and stitch around the opening for the light, or I might just take the cover off when I need the light.

It is the FORS housing cover that I felt would be handy in case the unit was to fall over or get bumped around, but even with the cover on I am not bumping it much. The headache is getting it on and then off. I'm going to hunt the month of April w/o the FORS EC's and see how it goes. I do ally digging with my left hand so that one gets dirty, not my right hand, and I've hunted that way for decades to keep mud and dirt off the detector and foam grip.

As for the FORS handgrip display, I don't have a problem seeing it at all with the cover on. I have the Backlight at half=the brightness level and night [size=small](dimmer light periods as it's not been warm enough for dark-o'clock hunting yet)[/size] or day I haven't had a problem. If it's a bother, just remove the cover and keep the operating hand clean. That's what I do, cover on or cover off.

Monte

Now, I am not a fan of hunting in the rain, but it was frosty, showery, and cold when I got the FORS CoRe and that's why I put on the environmental cover. A typical shower isn't a problem, but I avoid things like thunderstorm downpours.

Monte