Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who's a happy boy??

Stitcher71

ME! FedEx finally came!! The whole package from KellyCo.

Garrett ATX Extreme
Gray Ghost Amphibian headphones
Vulcan 360 pinpointer
KellyCo digging tool
5" Treasure scoop
Little folding knife
A carrying case
"Treasure" bag
Gloves and a little replica coin

I wanna go play now!!!

NICE!!!

Now, read the books, watch the video, play with the ATX in your back yard listen for the differences between coins, gold, silver, lead and tin.

Ground balance is very important. Different theories when entering the salt water. Auto Frequency selection and cure falsing.

Don't forget that BOTH the ATX and the Gray Ghost headphones have volume controls.

You many need a larger scoop for wading chest deep.

Enjoy and if you have any questions...they have probably been asked and answered on the forum...but ask anyway...

THE ONLY DUMB QUESTION IS THE ONE THAT IS NOT ASKED.

Thanks WaterWalker! I'm so anxious to play with this thing. Ya think I'll really need a bigger scoop? This thing is huge!

Congratulations on a getting a fine piece of equipment. I feel your joy. Get ready to hunt "hunted out areas" and still get plenty of signals. Be prepared to dig DEEP! Expect to get about 8-10 hours out of a new set of rechargeable batteries. (I suggest you take a spare set with you). Learn to pinpoint without using the pinpoint button, as that saves precious battery time. Increasing the threshold increases the depth along with increased sensitivity. Buy a water proof camera to take out with you to get some fresh pics/vids of your finds. Have fun.......

Haha thanks! I'm ready to dig and dig deep! I have a GoPro 3 with all the trimmings so pics and vids will happen. I have a feeling this is going to be fun...once it the hang of the machine!

The scoop looks like an aluminum scoop, because of the square brace and hole pattern.
IF you are going into salt water, and really get into digging you will want a stainless steel scoop.
The stainless steel is thinner and tougher than the aluminum. Therefor it is easier to dig with and will last longer.
Also the size, number of and location of holes will make a difference in you sifting speed, both on dry sand and in the water.
I really like solid lip ares then a set of small holes and finally the larger holes for the circumference and back plate of the scoop.
With a hole pattern like that makes retrieving smaller objects from the water easier.
The down side to stainless steel is that it is a bit heavier.

The GoPro will give you some amazing videos. Watch and learn from them...then go back and enjoy them.
It is so impressive watching how you can improve your pinpointing and placement of your scoop while detecting waist deep in water.