Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who's still swinging the original deus and orx?

bigtim1973

Since the deus 2 hit the scene I am not seeing many folks speaking up on the original deus and orx much.

Anyone go back to the deus one after trying the deus 2?

Or just stick with the orx?

I know the benefits of the deus 2 but in mild ground conditions and for someone who just hunts in woodlands or around old home sites I am happy to go back to the first generation deus.

That DEUS #9 Hot full tones dics at 10 ( renamed HOT 2) will run with the big $$ detectors
DEUS & ORK .. They have many coils to select for freq

Still using my Deus 1 just can't beat the weight of it swinging it all day, Also have a Deus 2 coming monday
from Richard@backwoodsdetectors who gave me an awesome deal on it. (y)
You can beat the weight with the D2. Using the puck on the stem vs the remote makes it even lighter if you can imagine that. Don’t know which version your getting but im sure you will really like it

When first looking into xp i was trying to decide between all three. I would say the biggest deciding factors would be if you needed waterproof and multi frequency for beaches etc.
I would think if you knew you were solely using it on dry land with no mineralization the D1 or Orx would have been plenty. But now with the price reduction of the D2 that can be had for $800 vs original $1600 depending on which package why not just get the latest version
XP Orx $699
XP deus 1 $850
XP deus 2 $799
Hmmm tough call
Yes the D1 has many coils to choose from for different frequencies at a separate price for each but with the D2 you can get all the same different frequencies in one coil jmo

You can beat the weight with the D2. Using the puck on the stem vs the remote makes it even lighter if you can imagine that. Don’t know which version your getting but im sure you will really like it
I have been using this puck speaker setup on my deus shaft love it for the wood's, I have been hitting this one area in the wood's by me for a week now.

Attachments

• IMG_4348.JPG
    IMG_4348.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4347.JPG
    IMG_4347.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
  • woods2.jpg
    woods2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 92
I still use the Deus. My Legend is supposed to be better but I'm not convinced. To each, his own.
I don’t know about better. Close but not better. Not better than the D2 anyway.There is also a significant price difference

Had an ORX, sold it this past Sunday. I Liked it soo much that I had to get the Deus. Never went back to the ORX after that purchase a couple of years ago. Same thing all over again. Loved the Deus so I figured I'd like the Deus ll even more. I wasn't disappointed. Also used a Nox 800 since they first came out. The Deus does everything that the original Deus and Nox 800 did only better. Faster, Deeper, Lighter and much, much, more. Been detecting for 45 years. I think my Deus ll will probably be in my arsenal when I croak. I can't think of any feature or enhancement that I'd ever need that will sway me away from the Deus ll. JMHO (the only one that counts):D

Well for all around fun out in the woods the orx is sure hard to beat.

I almost pulled the trigger on another deus 2 but with the legend I am gonna keep I didn't see a reason for another smf unit.

I went ahead back with a deus 1 and orx set up after a round with the eq900.

I am not gonna get into all of the specifics on why other than to me it just wasn't a good move on my part.

Plus I have a bag the xp stuff all fits down into real nice that is easy to carry around.

You just cannot beat the portability of the xp units.

Most of my detecting conditions are fields and open areas in fairly mild soil.

Yes the deus 2 does ID very good at depth and is a lot more robust. I even had a hard time selling off my other xp stuff after I got the deus 2.

I do like the controls on the orx and deus 1 set up better as well.

Probably so. Everyone has different bases. :)

Had an ORX, sold it this past Sunday. I Liked it soo much that I had to get the Deus. Never went back to the ORX after that purchase a couple of years ago. Same thing all over again. Loved the Deus so I figured I'd like the Deus ll even more. I wasn't disappointed. Also used a Nox 800 since they first came out. The Deus does everything that the original Deus and Nox 800 did only better. Faster, Deeper, Lighter and much, much, more. Been detecting for 45 years. I think my Deus ll will probably be in my arsenal when I croak. I can't think of any feature or enhancement that I'd ever need that will sway me away from the Deus ll. JMHO (the only one that counts):D
Well put Tom. I could keep the other 3 machines I still actually have but the D2 does all of it, and does it better on all counts while weighing the least too. For ME, there just isn’t a downside. Someone would have to come out with COMPLETELY new technology, perhaps a hi res accurate imager for small objects…for me to consider anything BUT the D2 now. It is a complete machine for sure.

Well put Tom. I could keep the other 3 machines I still actually have but the D2 does all of it, and does it better on all counts while weighing the least too. For ME, there just isn’t a downside. Someone would have to come out with COMPLETELY new technology, perhaps a hi res accurate imager for small objects…for me to consider anything BUT the D2 now. It is a complete machine for sure.
I agree I love this machine its my go to. With the new update I found a 1917 and 1919 penny at a hunted out park.

Some of my old detectors i sold many years ago were very close in comfort they were Tesoro’s with the S shaft. The compadre, umax, cibola and vaquero they were very close in weight but nowhere close in performance lol.
As IDX said I don’t know you can get any better unless its a whole new technology with the same lightweight design.
If XP came out with a Deus 3 it needs to be something really different to consider upgrading otherwise the D2 has everything I need right now.
Hard to even pick up the legend anymore which is a good detector.
Sometimes I think about getting something else but then think, what for, it will just sit there lol.
My bases seem to be covered with one detector right now

Exactly,I bought an xterra pro for back up and after using the d2 it feels like a boat anchor.
I saw something on youtube couple days ago and curious if it is true. With the Xtrerra pro you can take four silver coins and run them each under the coil in an air test and they will each give a high tone. Then take all four silver coins and stack them together and run them under the coil and it will give an iron tone.
I was going to try this with this with my detectors but actually forgot about it until i just saw your post but think it was specifically for the xterra pro

I saw something on youtube couple days ago and curious if it is true. With the Xtrerra pro you can take four silver coins and run them each under the coil in an air test and they will each give a high tone. Then take all four silver coins and stack them together and run them under the coil and it will give an iron tone.
I was going to try this with this with my detectors but actually forgot about it until i just saw your post but think it was specifically for the xterra pro
yeah i saw that too.I’ll have to give that a try and report back later.I like the xterra pro as a backup but the id jumps atleast 10-15 different numbers on anything past 3 inches or so.I’ve turned the sensitivity down and tried another coil and it still does it.But the tones are very accurate.Just gotta dig the squeakers.The d2 spoiled me because the id is incredibly accurate.