Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who's using the dust/rain cover for the Fors CoRes?

I've enjoyed them on the FORS CoRe.

knack4iron said:
Any issues with it?
Absolutely none! Both EC's are easy to put on, durable, and protect the components well. The only issues I think anyone might have is with the hand-grip piece because it does cover the flashlight, but I doubt most people use it, anyway.

knack4iron said:
How is it for using the switches?
Just fine. I have the newer version with the tactile switches and those would seem to be a little more difficult than the earlier rocker-type switches, but all controls, front, back and side, can easily be operated.

Still, like all other accessories, they are the type of option some people might like and others won't so it's up to the detector operator's preference.

Monte

Thanks Monte. I ordered one from Kellyco. Another concern I just thought of is when I'm out just scratching around and playing with the machine I don't use the headphones. Does it muffle the sound since the speaker is at the rear?

knack4iron said:
[size=medium]Thanks Monte. I ordered one from Kellyco. Another concern I just thought of is when I'm out just scratching around and playing with the machine I don't use the headphones. Does it muffle the sound since the speaker is at the rear?[/size]
Even when I am "scratching around" I use headphones. The only times I don't are when I am just checking out someone's detector or dong a demonstration, either in a seminar or one-on-one, so everyone can hear the responses. Otherwise, I wear headphones.

Now, if you're "scratching around" away from a lot of noise [size=small](traffic, kids, etc.)[/size] then you'll probably still hear the audio response, just a little blocked by the EC. However, you can unzip the cover a little and that might help you hear the response a little better.

Monte

Thanks Monte. Got it in and put it on.I like it. I usually relic hunt with my Grey Ghost but when out just killing time I'll leave them in the truck. I may slap together a small external speaker and velcro it the inside of the arm cuff. Something to take on and off. I seen a pipe locater that had a speaker and case that plugged right into the jack. Kinda spin-off from that.

I leave both covers on all the time. I can hear the speaker just fine with it on.

Only issues:
1. It's a bit of a pain screwing the handle and coil connectors in place.
2. The reflective glare can make the numbers a little hard to read sometimes.

w

I use it on Fors Gold all the time. I did cut the plastic screen on the handle because of the glare. It still keeps the main parts of the machine protected.