Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why are there no Diablo uMaxs for sale:cry: ?

Bobbylikesgold

Someone must be buying them all , every time one occasionally pops up they seem to sell instantly .
So sad to see these fine machines are so rare , Tesoro ' You should have made more !

Silly rumors abound that the dear leader is buying them up , found this pic of him pointing to some '' :rolleyes:

Dave J, Monte already spoke about its short lived history.
There weren't many built. Another Goober Doodle by management.

Sven said:
Dave J, Monte already spoke about its short lived history.
There weren't many built. Another Goober Doodle by management.

Hi Sven ,

I'm well aware of what Monte & DJ had to say about this model , both loved it & DJ designed it !

The hot rock separate ground balance has never been repeated , a wonderful feature only on this detector , how insane to not include this on their future gold units ?
Also the threshold was so stable when ground balanced , better then anything they made after !

It was Tesoro's most wonderful detector of all time , shame there were so few ever made , makes me so sad they stuffed up on this :confused:

Bobby .

Sure was nice being able to flip a switch between two separate set ground balances. It also served well as a "bench tester" when testing finds for metal versus mineral readings:thumbup:

If you see one, you may want to grab it......................
good investment, resale keeps going up:thumbup:

brand new condition specimens of an early release [size=small](with the metal upper rod-lock)[/size] and the latter release [size=small](with the brown plastic rod lock)[/size], and I continue to be mad at myself to this day for letting them go. I am still on-the-search for an 'as new' specimen of an excellent working Diablo µMAX for my personal arsenal. I even have a brand new Teknetics T2 'Classic' I bought with a few other machines for a seminar demonstration that I am offering to trade straight across for a couple of detectors, and that includes a choice condition Diablo µMAX.

I have a couple of specialty Gold Nugget Hunting models in my personal arsenal, although all but one of my detectors can be put to use for the native yellow metal specimens, but I do still miss that favorite nugget hunter from Tesoro. If I owned the company, they would immediately be readied for production soon.

Monte

Monte said:
I do still miss that favorite nugget hunter from Tesoro. If I owned the company, they would immediately be readied for production soon.

Great idea Monte :clapping:

Tesoro could release a numbered limited edition of these to the world , they would sell out quickly
& be a good profit maker for them as well , people would fight over them & I'd be one of the first inline :lol:

I have one that I am going to be selling soon. It has been completely restored to new from the coil, shaft, housing, decals, shaft all the way to the new knobs.
It looks and is new. I sent it to Tesoro for a circuit board repair and bad coil and just told them to completely restore it for me.
I have quite a bit of money into it and have to figure out where and how much to sell it for.
It has not been used since I had it restored so it looks like it is right off the shelf which I guess it actually is.

Bryan this one sold on eBay last year for $669.00 , will give you an idea of what they sell for , much more then when new ! :thumbup:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tesoro-Diablo-Umax-Metal-Detector-VERY-RARE-/171786996464?nma=true&si=l5qiq2GmLXvPG%252Ff05KH7vvisVXs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Bryan V said:
I have one that I am going to be selling soon. It has been completely restored to new from the coil, shaft, housing, decals, shaft all the way to the new knobs.
It looks and is new. I sent it to Tesoro for a circuit board repair and bad coil and just told them to completely restore it for me.
I have quite a bit of money into it and have to figure out where and how much to sell it for.
It has not been used since I had it restored so it looks like it is right off the shelf which I guess it actually is.

So they have parts sitting around, so they could build them........................such a waste, like money in the bank that will end up in the dumpster when they close up......

Then they must have parts to build Eldorados as well.

Why not do what Teknetics did re-issue some models and call them Diablo Classic, Eldorado Classic............................since everyone wants one of these machines.

Spot on Sven '' they have all the parts & design specifications so make some more of these .
Tesoro your profits will go up !

Who ever is still running the show , please don't be oblivious to loyal customers advice .
Now to be fair' lets see who at Tesoro responds ? :huh:

As far as Tesoro having plenty of parts for the Diablo, I'm not so sure.
I had a couple of bad parts on my circuit board and I was told they only had about 15 left.

Bryan V said:
As far as Tesoro having plenty of parts for the Diablo, I'm not so sure.
I had a couple of bad parts on my circuit board and I was told they only had about 15 left.

Still, build 15 units a $600-700 a piece as a collectors item. Folks will scarf them up.

I printed 500 numbered limited Ginger Beer Bottle Collecting book back in 1984. It was considered the Bible.
Cost was $12.50 each, 132 pages 8 1/2x 11" size. It helped start the GB collecting craze.
Once they were sold out, that's that. Years later I found people were selling signed editions for upwards of $100 each
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00071UR0A/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_collectible_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=collectible&qid=&sr=
I had requests to print more in the late 90's to early 2000's, no longer was it feasible, no longer ran a printing business. I had one copy left, folks offered me $50-60 each if I could make a photocopy for them.
That was a lot of money back then, so I made about 10 authorized signed copies at $60 each.

No reason Tesoro can't come up with some special edition, limited number, collectors machines--Diablo, Eldorado. Those hot for one would surely pay what Tesoro asks.....................
Surprised marketing didn't think about this.....................................

yep they can do it and why not?

they did a B2 µmax in the outlaw and no one seems to like it, hard bunch to please aren't we :rofl:

AJ

Just wanted to give you Tesoro fans a few minutes heads up.
I'm getting ready to list my restored Diablo uMax in the classifieds section here on findmall.
Even though I might be able to get close to $700 on fee bay I would rather sell it
here for just under $600 shipped. That gets me back the money I have in to it as well as a few extra bucks for
all the hassles involved in the whole process.
You won't find one in better condition. It's basically new.
Thanks,
Bryan