Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why Are There So Many F75 LTD's For Sale?

berryman

The F75 is supposed to be FT's flagship detector - one of the best balanced and deepest detectors available. Care to speculate why there are so many of them for sale on the various sales forums and why they're selling at such deep discounts?

Is it because they're too hard to operate? Is it because FT has never really solved the machine's EMI problems? Or is it because there are just so many machines available right now that are superior to the F75?

Yes I own one and find I tend to use my Racer more often. The Racer is simpler to operate and doesn't seem as susceptible to EMI in my hunting environment. But then, I'm not a relic hunter. I would think that most folks who own F75's are relic hunters and want a machine that can locate targets at depth. So I wouldn't think there'd be many machines out there that can outperform the F75 when searching for relics.

I am a old coin hunter myself and find it to be a very good coin hunter. And yes, it does get great depth on coins, as I am sure you know. Like you, almost all my hunting is in a urban environment and emi has not been a issue with my DST. Also found it to be very easy to run and really just a matter of how hot one wants to run with it. In fact, one could do a lot worse by just turning the F75 DST on and just hunt in the factory pre set modes.

But, not everyone shares the same opinions on all detectors. Which, is probably why all kinds of detectors get sold and traded? HH jim tn

One thing is there are so many variances of LTD Models .... LTD isn't the same as LTD with DST etc.. Original LTD doesn't have extra modes..
So many are for sale because of trade ups and older models on the market.

Without having sales figures to compare I don't know how you have determined there are "so many" of them for sale.
I don't follow many forum classifieds but here or at treasure classifieds the number of 75s that pop up doesn't seem to be out of proportion to he other flagship type detectors that pop up. Etracs , Deus' , AT's , V3is all show up pretty frequently , even the Noktas & Makros, even though they're relatively new.

What Elton says is correct but a better question would be why the 75s that do show up are low priced.

My original Camo LTD F75 was horrible in EMI. I actually had to carry a second detector in case we hit a place that it wouldn't work at all. It actually happened to me when hunting with some buddies. It is a great machine and I trust it's vdi and sounds as much as any machine I have ever used It goes deep and will actually pull you across a bean row to a target next to the row you are hunting. Lots of power. I was thrilled when Fisher announced the upgrades. WAY TO GO FISHER! The EMI help they gave my F75 plus the super, amazing FA mode made it a new machine. I had moved on to a Deus before the upgrade but now have my F75 back in the fold and doing great things in tough conditions. I love the boost and the FA. Running a small coil with FA gives me great iron results as well. Fisher gets a big "Atta Boy" for the upgrades, they could have easily released the "F85" and sold them for $1,000 plus.

Don

The Original F75 doesn't have the extra modes , but the LTD did have the extra modes. I have had the LTD and had extra modes. Now I have the F75 SE w/DST and all modes available for the machine. And love it. Also having 7 years transferable warrantee. GS
Elton said:
Original LTD doesn't have extra modes..

I love my F75 ltd 2 and I think others will eventually find out what Fisher did to it and the upgrades to the older F75's and find it is now a refined detector that will work with the best of them. It has convinced me and I ain't easy:shocked:

I think we are getting closer to a good answer. I would add two points. One is that the F75 LTD only lacked the DST "modes" and many may have chosen not to send in their units for the upgrade but sell and buy new. Two I didn't find the F75 to be a problem EMI wise at all. I had a SE shortly after they came out and it was a dream running close to large EMI sources (may have just been a Special Edition?). Fisher has taken the odd path of building machines that can be over driven and often run VERY WELL at even then lowest power settings. I know there are very very good detectorists who found the F75 sparky so I believe there is something to it, but I think a bad rap has taken root and loads of users run too hot and it confirms the notion it is a bad EMI beast. Of course this is my subjective personal experience based theory. I do think it has contributed to people giving up too easily on really fine detector.
:detecting:

I wasn't aware that the original 75 had the extra modes like the dst models groundscanner.

My original SE LTD only had standard modes. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Original F75
Camo edition Limited edition
Black LTD with a couple of the modes
Black LTD with all modes including the DST

And there may have been a model in between those.. Seems somewhere I am recalling a special edition ( ???) There have been a lot of F 75 variances.

I had the original F 75 Camo special edition, then the F 75 LTD, which, had the additional mode of BOOST, then the current model with all the modes including DST. HH jim tn

I think with any detector they go through fads if that's the word where user for one reason or another you see them up for sale, user gets tired of it or unhappy with it. or the next model or a new detector comes on market and there she goes. If you watch its sometimes famine or feast on a detector models up for sale.

Right Jim..and before that wasn't their a black and gold LTD with just De, and Je & Pf modes ???? No boost or cach ?????

Gees, El, you are testing my memory...and to no avail. The first one I had I bought within 3-4 months of the F 75 first being introduced. And, I know it had de, je and pf modes and it very well might have been black and gold. Regardless, after having three this latest model with DST and fa mode is much, much more performance wise then its predecessor's. HH jim tn

jim tn said:
Gees, El, you are testing my memory...and to no avail. The first one I had I bought within 3-4 months of the F 75 first being introduced. And, I know it had de, je and pf modes and it very well might have been black and gold. Regardless, after having three this latest model with DST and fa mode is much, much more performance wise then its predecessor's. HH jim tn

Good to hear your happy with the latest edition. Many people share your opinion that the DST model is at the top of the performance level in the 75 run of detectors.

[attachment 325198 F75-250.jpg]

Elton , I am not doubting you at all . You could as well be right. My understanding is//was the Original F75 had 4 modes ( DE , JE , BC , and PF ) . The F75 se/ltd and F75 Camo edition se has 6 modes ( DE , JE , BC , PF , BP and CL ) . Now the new F75 se/ltd 2 DST now with 7 modes ( FA , DE , JE , BC , PF , BP and CL ) . That's what I was told. It may not be. I am not always right. I have been wrong many times . GS
Elton said:
I wasn't aware that the original 75 had the extra modes like the dst models groundscanner.

My original SE LTD only had standard modes. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Original F75
Camo edition Limited edition
Black LTD with a couple of the modes
Black LTD with all modes including the DST

And there may have been a model in between those.. Seems somewhere I am recalling a special edition ( ???) There have been a lot of F 75 variances.

Elton , I never said the Original F75 had extra modes, only the LTD and SE and Camo edition . Again I could be wrong if you are saying that your LTD /SE didn't have 6 modes . GS
Elton said: