Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why chose T2 over F75.?

David

I am wondering is there a reason(s) why you chose a Technetics T2 instead of a Fisher F75.?

Thank you.

It has a wider iron range which might be important to you if your a relic hunter. Don't forget its cheaper too! lol

Holler at me if you have any questions or need great pricing! Thanks, Bart

I'll agree with the above post. Mine was ALOT cheaper, although the 75 is very popular with relic hunters, too. On the same token, alot of people probably coin hunt with the T2. Personally, I imagine that the differences between the 2 machines are miniscule as far as performance goes, but I don't know for sure.

n/t

David, I own a T2. For the past week plus I have been borrowing my friend's F-75 because I had to send my T-2 in for service and we are in a super detecting spot and I do not want to skip getting out, My friend owns the F-75 I am using and the F-75 Ltd. So I am in a position to compare the two based on some solid field use. I am searching an old estate site that goes back to the late 1600s and the finds reflect that by coming from all eras from the Revolution through the Civil War and on up into recent times. I personally believe the performance between the two is a wash, I am finding relics and coins at depth with both detectors and I have not seen any performance advantage at all. Both detectors work superbly and I am pleased with the F-75 as I have been for a long time with my T-2. If I had to choose between the two I would go with the T-2 simply because it has fewer "bells and whistles" that I really do not need. Some folks really like and feel the need for the extra features and for them the F-75 may be the preferred detector. For me, the benefits of grabbing a superb detector, setting up in seconds and going on the hunt is just about ideal. Whichever you choose you will be happy with, these are just my observations for what they are worth. Good luck!

Very good posts and I thank you all for your advice, and for your extra effort Mark.

It helps a lot.

I have heard nothing but good reports about the T2 Ltd(& F75 Ltd), except for some EMI problems. The T2 Ltd will handle high iron mineral soils in Virginia to Georgia and also in Oregon where both the X-Terra and MXT failed, and also the T2 Ltd is better than the AT Pro(AT Gold yet to be seen). My X-Terra 70 is good with a DD coil in mild minerals but in high minerals it fails. The T2 Ltd(& F75 Ltd) looks like the best VLF to get for handling high iron mineral soils.

Along with PI machines they use the T2 in Sudan, Africa where the iron minerals are very high. There have been big sales of T2's in Africa for prospecting. Here looks like T2's in these videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StRLDNqNJ_o&feature=fvst
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLydtzOUk-k

[size=x-small]How Well Does The F75 LTD Handle Hot Ground?
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,1557892[/size]
Daniel Tn said:
Boost mode hurts you more than it helps though. I found that by running in Motion All Metal is the best way to handle hot soil. The F75 has a short iron resolution so it rejects most iron on its lowest of discrimination settings. That is NOT what you want in bad soil!! Even the higher conductive targets can read as iron in ground at relatively shallow depths. In the very least the ground will cause things to read way lower than they normally do. All metal will let you hear those signals...all VLFs do this. The F75 is one of the better ones at it. Ground balance often too.

Civil War bullets usually read from Pulltab to Zinc cent in normal ground and in air tests. In the ground I hunt they normally read as iron between the numbers of 11-13 in ground and then read normal out of the ground.

I personally think the T2 is better(than the F75) for bad ground conditions. It has a wider iron resolution than the F75 so you can actually get away with some discrimination and not have as severe of consequence as with the F75. All metal still works best though.

Also, does anyone know, is the T2 Ltd better than the F75 Ltd at handling EMI(chatter).??? (or about the same.?) Thank you.

David, I have not used the T2 Ltd but my friend whom I am borrowing the F-75 from uses the F-75 Ltd and it handles the emi no differently than my T2 or the F-75. This is no definitive that the T2 Ltd will do better with emi but my sense is that it will not.

One quick comment about the AT Pro since that came up in one of the posts. I have an AT Pro that is my second detector---it is in NY right now with my best friend who wants to check it out, which is why I am borrowing my local friend's F-75. I think the AT Pro is an outstanding detector. I use it in places where there are power lines close by that interfere with the T2 and it is immune to these problems. It is also very effective in yards where there is an invisible dog fence. I find these fences really interfere with the T2, they do not with the AT Pro. From my experiences I believe the T2 gets more depth, detects a wider "footprint", and gets better target separation but when there is interference I turn to the AT Pro without hesitation and it is an ideal partner to the T2. The T2 is still my overall preferred detector, but I just want to say that the AT Pro is everything Garrett says about it and is a really good value for the cost of it. Cheers, Mark

Hi, Dirt Poor, I'm new to this site and have been reading some of your posts. I think I may have talked to you before, what state are you from??

Hi,
here in England everyone says the T2 is better for :ukflag: soil and the F75 is much more suited to the :usaflag: conditions,or so they say here,but i'm no expert! lol.
Mind you,i hear they look and perform much the same,BOTH top of the line machines for sure,the F75 is a bit more expensive though.
I have a T2 and absolutely love it! Thank you America/Texas for making such wonderful machines! Oh why cant we make machines like that here:cry: lol

Thanks for the great report Mark. I have the X-Terra 70 with V-Flex and it is very good at handling EMI, like the AT Pro at handling EMI that you mentioned about. When I said the T2 is better than the AT Pro, in my post above, from someone elses report, I meant only in one regard, the theme was for handling high iron mineral soils.

I had the GTI-2500 which I did not like at all and was turned off by Garrett, but I think I should I should give the AT Pro(Gold) a chance. You said, "I think the AT Pro is an outstanding detector" "..but I just want to say that the AT Pro is everything Garrett says about it and is a really good value for the cost of it."

It will be interesting to compare the 'fine iron ID resolution' between the AT Pro and T2.

Also thanks for the report from England. T2 is better than the F75 for low end iron ID resolution, so maybe that is why people like it in England better.

Sounds like you are (like they say in the UK) gobsmacked(utterly astounded) with the T2 which is very good.!

You said, "I have a T2 and absolutely love it! Thank you America/Texas for making such wonderful machines! Oh why cant we make machines like that here lol"

There are some detectors made in the UK-Europe like XP Goldmaxx & XP Deus, C-Scope, Golden Mask, Detech EDS, Rutus Jupiter, Viking, Armand, etc.? but maybe not as good as the T2. (Also Eric Foster's PI's being the Goldscan-Goldquest-Aquasearch.)