Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why did my coil unpair on the Deus 2?

Philber

I was hunting today and the coil suddenly unpaired for no known reason. I had 3 hours detecting in already, with no problems with it unpairing. I went to a new location and was hunting for about an hour when things suddenly got real quiet, too quiet. Finally figured out I wasnt getting any targets and thought my headphones had unpaired, but it apparently was the coil? This area was an open lawn with short grass, no trees or rocks to bump against and hadnt had any problems for an hour prior. I was hunting in general mode. did my coil run out of juice? I'm looking at it now and it isnt even blinking a light at all. I charged it up with well less than 10 hours ago and I dont hunt single frequency/low frequency mode, so theres no exceptional case usage to cause extra battery drain.
I charge all three items at the same time and the brain box currently shows a full three bar charge, so the only thing I can think of is maybe the coil didnt charge properly last time adn it was low on juice when I went out today? The icon on the brain box unit shows an empty battery bar and a line through the coil icon. I'm charging it now before I go back out tomorrow, but wanted to see if anybdy has had a similar problem, or has suggestions - in case i run into the same scenario tomorrow!

"Why did my coil unpair on the Deus 2?"
Because it found out it was really an apple.
I'm sorry, this proves it's not a good idea to drink liquor when taking muscle relaxers. Good night

Yes that has happened to me also, saw the empty coil icon with the line thru. I chalked it up to a dead battery and recharged. A-OK for the next outing. I was using high conductors for most of the hunt, so you suck a little more juice and time just got a way from me and so disconnect. Ya if your light is not even blinking, your coil most likely flat lined. Look in the back of your manual and I think they tell you what the different duration of the light blinking mean. Once fully charged I believe mine blink every 4-5 seconds and that's with the brain box off. One other thing and it seems so simple is making sure you have the polarity correct on the coil charging clip and that it is fully seated on the 2 coil pins. When your brain box is done charging, turn it on and see where the coil icon state of charge is. 3 bars you should be good. Also that blinky light should also tell you the coil is good to go while it is still hooked up to its charge clip in stand by mode. You should see a longer duration between light blinks, somewhere approximately between 8-10 seconds and the light stays on a little longer than a normal blink. Then you got a charged up coil. Good luck

Yes that has happened to me also, saw the empty coil icon with the line thru. I chalked it up to a dead battery and recharged. A-OK for the next outing. I was using high conductors for most of the hunt, so you suck a little more juice and time just got a way from me and so disconnect. Ya if your light is not even blinking, your coil most likely flat lined. Look in the back of your manual and I think they tell you what the different duration of the light blinking mean. Once fully charged I believe mine blink every 4-5 seconds and that's with the brain box off. One other thing and it seems so simple is making sure you have the polarity correct on the coil charging clip and that it is fully seated on the 2 coil pins. When your brain box is done charging, turn it on and see where the coil icon state of charge is. 3 bars you should be good. Also that blinky light should also tell you the coil is good to go while it is still hooked up to its charge clip in stand by mode. You should see a longer duration between light blinks, somewhere approximately between 8-10 seconds and the light stays on a little longer than a normal blink. Then you got a charged up coil. Good luck
I charged it last night and ran it today for 4 hours with no problems, so hopefully it was just an oversight and I let the battery run down. Guess I need to make a habit of checking battery levels on all components since they all discharge at different lengths of time.

I've had the battery die from just sitting for a few weeks went to use it got to my spot coil battery was dead!!!
Mark