Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why do I like the T2???

Bill W.

I took the T2 to an old school (private property now) that has been in use since the 1860's. I've hunted the site before. Although, they rebuilt the school around 1930 and surely moved dirt. I found some wheaties, clad and a lone IH. The IH had iron close on three sides. But, what it starting to be a typical T2 'type' of find the T2 could seperate everything enough to let me know a coin was there... :) It was only about 4 inches deep but must have been masked enough because it was still there with it being that shallow. The owner told me when I originally asked permission for it that alot of people had detected around the school. So, I'd be lucky to find anything... :lol: Famous last words. That day I pulled out a 1953 Franklin half that was setting against a piece of iron and had a really crappy signal on my Explorer. Anyways, enough of rambling... HH!

-Bill

The T2 is great for sites like that. And aside from great depth and getting goodies from iron, it is lightweight and you can swing it all day without killing your arm. It's very flexible. It is easy to operate. I think at $799 shipped it was a better deal than the Explorer 2 I had.

What would I change about it? Well I'd rework the battery system - at LEAST make the springs a bit stronger, and in a "perfect world" use a slide in battery pack.
Perhaps I'd add some form of notch discrimation as well so I could eliminate most pull tabs without losing nickles, for example.
I might add a backlight for night hunts, and I might add a memory for saving settings when the machine is turned off.

Personally I don't care about saving the settings the T2 is so easy to set up that it's not really a problem. Besides I prefer to optimize for every place I hunt.
But I would like to see a backlight and some form of notch. Are these things a big deal? No, I'm talking "perfect world" here, what I'd love to see in my "dream machine". The T2 is as close as I can find to that on the market today.

Really guys, this machine is the best kept secret on the market. Everyone talks about the X-Terra line from Minelab, the high end Whites and Fishers, and the Tejon, you just don't hear much about the T2. I have to admit when I first heard things about it I didn't pay a lot of attention, I was going to get an X-Terra. I'm sure they are fine machines I have yet to be disappointed by a Minelab, and it's gotten mostly very favorable reviews and comments by users, but I'm very convinced I bought the right machine for me with the T2.

i couldent afford the t-2 this year and bought anothet qxt, will have it in time though, but on e-bay and the forums ive seen alot of x-terras for sale

Hi Lilo. Thanks for the post. I have been comparing the Xterra X70 and the T2 (only reading forum posts). So when I buy it will be between these two. I'll be doing a lot of Civil War relic hunting in MD and VA and some gold prospecting in VA.

Hi Frank,

It sounds like fun, what you have in mind.

I'm sure either machine is up to the job. I can only speak first hand about the T2, of course. I haven't prospected yet (probably won't as there isn't much gold around here) or relic hunted, but the T2 should be fine for those applications. It's a wonderful coin hunter. I guess my advice based on what I've seen is if you get a T2 make sure you have a good pinpointer, and that you don't mind digging deep. I have yet to really crank sensitivity on it, and it goes as deep as I want to dig.

It's just a lot of fun to use. Either way you go, I'm sure you'll be happy.