Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why does 'Coin & Relic' & 'Salt/Gold' reverse the signal tones?

I noticed on the 5000 when switching into Coin & Relic or Salt/Gold soil timings the tones are reversed. That is, if in all the other soil timings the signal is High/Low, when switching into either of these two timings the signal on the same target will be Low/High. Can anyone explain the logic behind this?

This same thing happens when I am in Sharp and go to Sen Extra on an Indian head penny and some older bullets. When you change the timings on targets that are right at the tone break some will be on the high side and switch to the low side and vise versa. I find these targets are the toughest to find.

The Timings move the responses of the two channels of the detector around, depending on where the target resides relative to the channel that best receives it determines the High/low and Low/High response. If you are finding a lot of your good targets are residing in a reverse location of what your used to when you were using another timing just change the Response setting in the menu to Inverted (page 69 of the GPX 5000 owners manual).

JP

I am going to try and pay more attention to trying different timings and noting tone differences in the future to learn what I can about the targets this way. No big deal when digging everything but could have applications coin and relic detecting especially.

Jonathan Porter said:
The Timings move the responses of the two channels of the detector around, depending on where the target resides relative to the channel that best receives it determines the High/low and Low/High response. If you are finding a lot of your good targets are residing in a reverse location of what your used to when you were using another timing just change the Response setting in the menu to Inverted (page 69 of the GPX 5000 owners manual).

JP

I use this system to identify low conductors, I have the response inverted so a low tone gives a low conductor. All my low conductors give the low sound first except when I switch to timings Coin & Relic and Salt/Gold when they will sound high first. Just one of its quirks I suppose.