Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

why does Garrett do this?????

gordygroover

A few months ago my Propointer went on the fritz.
These things happen and I have no problem with that.
Called the company to let then know it was coming and followed all the instructions the wonderful lady I spoke with gave me regarding packaging and such.
When I told her I will be sending it back in the original box she told me I would not be getting the box back.
??????????
Ten days later I received my completely rebuilt Pro-Pointer...works as good as new. Packaged in a simple shipping envelope.
Can anyone explain why Garrett will not return a Pro-Pointer in the original box it was purchased in?? I mean the box was purchased by me just as the pro-pointer was.
Just seems odd as it must be normal operational procedure since I was told before hand the box would not be returned.

Sure I believed her....my question was WHY

The envelopes are probably cheaper to ship, less weight. As good as they take care of their customers, I wouldn't let it bother me.

[size=large]Gordy, i may have an extra box. i have two pointers and i think i still have at least one box left. getting closer to getting out again. it's been 8 weeks since my heart attack and by-pass. the doc says i can start swinging but carefully. and not for very long peroids. three more weeks and i may be driving again. hope to see ya in the parks soon.

HH[/size]

If Garrett did, it was more cost effective to ship in a padded envelope. They are taking the risk it arrives in the shape it left the
factory.

Now, I ordered a new meter, shipped to me in Canada. It arrives in a padded bag as well. Not a good thing when shipping an item like this.
Well, the plastic cover was cracked when it arrived and would not fit snuggly at all on the meter.
Contacted Brad at CX Service and he had a new one shipped out in a box. It arrived in perfect condition. And I got to keep the meter with the cracked
cover. That can still be used as a backup if ever needed.......

Garrett has excellent and fast CX Service.......

Gordy, if you are in the Portland/Vancouver area I'll give you my box. It's just sitting on a shelf.

maybe the dept. that the return goes to is not the same place that ships out the replacement. just a thought.

Hey Forrest,
Thanks for the offer. Hopefully I will never again have to send it through the mail. I sure know I will never sell it.
Glad to hear you are healing up Earl. Let's try a outing when the ground warms up a bit.

Never EVER send your original boxes or manuals to any repair facility...You will most likely Never see them again...And Definitely do not send the original receipt...

HH,