Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

why I did 2 hunts on a workday

larbear

Short answer is--to take advantage of an opportunity. I left for work early so I could do a hunt at a middle school where I have been finding a decent amount of clad and a little bit of bling. Hunting for about an hour yielded $2.42 in clad. The coins here get discolored, kind of a rust like appearance. Maybe fertilizer and lots of water, sometimes the ground is really saturated. I was using my F70 with the 11" coil.

On the drive to work, I have been passing by a residential lot that is evidently being prepped for a new house. The old garage and house has been torn down, the lot is empty except for a couple of large trees and some dried up grass. I have been hoping to find someone there to ask permission to hunt, and yesterday I found them. A man and a woman were in the lot doing some measuring. I stopped and asked if they were the owners and could I search the lot with my detector. They were the owners and they said yes, go ahead. So I did and found a silver George quarter and 2 wheats, 45 and 35.

Thanks for looking, HH & GL

Larbear, nice silver quarter you got there. That was nice of those folks to let you hunt the area, a lot of times if you ask nicely people will let you hunt. I've only got one silver quarter this year, they are definitely getting harder to find.

Thanks SL52, yes that was nice of them to let me hunt. I don't do much door knocking, but if I see someone out in their yard, I might stop and ask. And you are right, the quarters are getting harder to find. Any silver coin is getting harder to find. Only 4 silver coins for me so far this year, one was an eyeball find--a silver quarter laying in the gutter. No gold for me so far this year. Good luck on your future hunts !