Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why I dont like the equinox 800

cedarswamp

Two reasons why 1 it loves bottle caps sounds like silver 2 deep iron sounds like silver as long as targets are not on the fringe of detection it gets good separation and amazing.However on the edge of detection my choice would be the multi kruzer at least a bad target sounds iffy.All thats left in the area I hunt are eather deep targets 8 inches and deeper or targets in real junk areas.Last knight I found a shot gun shell at 11 inches with the multi kruzer two inches above my pinpointer whats more amazing the 5.5x 10 inch coil used.I was in 4 tone disc 10, 70 sens. 14 freq.no i.d. but good audio.Thats not to say I never dig b.c.s or iron but at least its iffy signals not a splendid silver sound.Today I found a silver dime with the Tarsacci at 8 inches locked right on i.d. also iron i.d at depth still in a learning curve with the machine,this summer I found a class ring with 4 diamonds locked on to i.d. said to myself this is a ring and returned to the owner.I know alot of people do well with the 800 and i have made good finds with it but not suited for me,,,,,CEDAR

Attachments

• IMG_1433.jpg
    IMG_1433.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 163
Bottle caps,,,,,I could live with digging a few b.c. but the deep iron issue sounding like silver was frustrating with the etrac I found a silver dollar it was 11 inches and id as silver i could also tell deep iron

I hunt iron loaded sites with the Nox....I dont have problems with the deep iron ....I have heard this with both the Deus and Nox....People having trouble with both on deep iron.

I wonder what the problem is ? I run both machines open ...... I can hear it and tell its deep iron a very high percentage of the time..
How are you guys running your machines that are having problems?
Really all I hunt are iron loaded relic sites... This has me curious as what is different with me from others???? Setting? Hearing? etc?

BTW I am talking about iron not bottle caps..

The place where I hunt was 1880 horse race track bleachers were tore down and alot of iron remains a foot deep rusty nut and bolts. It used to be back water of a river that flows through and was fill dirt for the race track.Most machines have trouble here reading high tone on this iron the etrac would also but where the curser on the screen if not in the far right would be in the middle was iron. but was not the case for this 1885 silver Dollar at 11 inches just barley audible with the etrac.The way I got around this problem with the T2 and mxt if the id went positive intermittent I dug it,cant find a way around this with the 800 the deus was the same.NOTE this is iron not close to the surface that I was able to pluck coins out of with the 800.,,,,,CEDAR

Attachments

• IMG_1513.JPG
    IMG_1513.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 156
So... You must not be using the 600 / 800 .. That flatten twist cap smashed to a size of a half dollar and gets a solid 35 and you are not digging it.. bottle caps I understand it has crackle on the last swing
I have found on other forums others that are having issues with the 600/800 and I am not sure if it is settings, version etc?????? but no i do not dig bottle caps because they do not sound off on my machine. I would like to get to the bottom of this issue though.

I hunt iron loaded sites with the Nox....I dont have problems with the deep iron ....I have heard this with both the Deus and Nox....People having trouble with both on deep iron.

I wonder what the problem is ? I run both machines open ...... I can hear it and tell its deep iron a very high percentage of the time..
How are you guys running your machines that are having problems?
Really all I hunt are iron loaded relic sites... This has me curious as what is different with me from others???? Setting? Hearing? etc?

BTW I am talking about iron not bottle caps..
I run mine wide open to dug a silver quarter 11" sat and a rusty nail 14"! my pin pointer was 4" from the surface! But I never dig a lot of bottle caps I have a knack for them on the saltwater I dig a few It's those deep rusty nails that get me I know its a nail when the pointer sounds off to the sidewall of the hole 99% of the time its a nail!
Mark

The place where I hunt was 1880 horse race track bleachers were tore down and alot of iron remains a foot deep rusty nut and bolts. It used to be back water of a river that flows through and was fill dirt for the race track.Most machines have trouble here reading high tone on this iron the etrac would also but where the curser on the screen if not in the far right would be in the middle was iron. but was not the case for this 1885 silver Dollar at 11 inches just barley audible with the etrac.The way I got around this problem with the T2 and mxt if the id went positive intermittent I dug it,cant find a way around this with the 800 the deus was the same.NOTE this is iron not close to the surface that I was able to pluck coins out of with the 800.,,,,,CEDAR
Very interesting place you got there to hunt...I wish I could help but I would need to be there to see whats up and if I could find away around what your talking about. Let me know if you crack the code.

One thing I noticed not mentioned is soil conditions. I’ve got one place where the ground balance numbers jump up a bit and combine that with a slight EMI up averages all other numbers. When I go to monotone with the F75 it does not sound off high tone (when running 3tone) on iron or bottle caps. Better ID.

Went to the spot where I found the silver Dollar an example of what remains nonferrous targets, and iron the one shot shell was in the same hole with the rusty nut when pinpointing could tell the signal was long dug the iron sound first then dug the good signal second about three inches apart 9-10 inches.Nothing grand but I believe there's silver there yet, but got blowed off the field with a snow storm 17 mph wind after 20 minuets.The rivet was about 7 inches and faint,,,,,CEDAR p.s. with the tarsacci 8000 had alot of iron signals that were avoided the key was iffy.

Attachments

• IMG_1514.jpg
    IMG_1514.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 159
Bottle caps,,,,,I could live with digging a few b.c. but the deep iron issue sounding like silver was frustrating with the etrac I found a silver dollar it was 11 inches and id as silver i could also tell deep iron
I find that strange. I assume you have the last firmware. I hunt similar places littered with junk and more specifically regular bottle caps are all over the place. In a 3-4 hour hunt I can get fooled by at most 3 or 4 rusty bottle caps. All the rest ID in the mid tone area (most are 12-14 and occasionally up to 16). A silver coin (even our super small and thin old 5 cents) will ID higher up and with the next tone up. This is the number one reason why I like the Equinox so much in the sites I go to. It doesn't get fooled by bottle caps when all my other machines using DD coils will fail to one extent or the other. What are your settings ?

I found that the 800 gets good separation in iron as well as modern junk however deep iron 9-12 inches has a tendency to sound off like silver especially if the gain was set to high.Every machine I own does this to some degree on fringe targets for example the T2 will grunt and high tone on nonferrous targets at greater depths sometimes its iron but on the other hand an old coin pops up.I dig iffy signals it don't sound iffy with the 800 on deep iron. WOULD EXPECT TO DIG IRON if the shape was circular or horse shoe in shape.As far as firmware its out of the box correct me if im wrong the most important settings on the 800 sensitivity reactivity iron bios and have changed on the fly to suit hunting conditions.Im just giving my opinion on the cons of this machine there are many pros seperation being one and have been amazed finding coins other detectors have missed.NOW IN COMPARISON the TARSACCI ids iron at depths and rings out nonferrous targets in iron but now talking a more expensive machine for test purpose went to the same spot where the silver dollar was found and pulled more shot gun stamps again one being a foot deep before freezing my hands and frozen mud stuck to my pinpoiinter 21 degrees,,,,,CEDAR

I had a thought,,,, the peeps that are finding all these bottle caps ,,, do you set gb to zero? I manually GB my machine constantly while hunting and never use zero and I have never dug a bottle cap yet to date since the machine came out. It has to be something like this or iron bias, i run that at zero as well.