Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why is all the negative feedback on Minelabs customer service being deleted?

staloch

I dont think it is right that you are deleting all the feedback on Minelabs Customer Service. I have had a few posts deleted because they treated me very poorly. 6 months and i still dont have my machine back yet. Am i being a bad person by being upset? I feel everyone has a right to express their opinion on this sight as long as it doesnt get out of hand and i feel MINELAB needs to know how we feel.

staloch said:
i feel MINELAB needs to know how we feel.
It's probably better suited to take any complaints directly to Minelab. That way they can deal with any issues that you have directly. If they are like most companies they do not respond to forums like these. I agree that it's nice to be able to air any issues about a company but most people do not take the time to reply back after bashing a company when their problem has been resolved. I'm not an administrator on this forum nor am I part of Minelab but I recently talked to the company that I buy my detector products from about their current issues. He told me that they recently received a letter from Minelab acknowledging their support of customer service issues and that they are launching a complete reorganization of the department which will based out of their new office in Chicago.

you listed for sale in February of this year on the Classified Forum for $325.00? (I've copied several of the posts to this one so you can see the source of this information.) The same X-TERRA that you stated hadn't had a lot of use and was your wife's machine?. The same X-TERRA that you said in a post you made a month later (March 14), you tested it before you shipped it and it worked fine? The same X-TERRA that you said you insured for $300 just in case it got damaged? The same X-TERRA that, when the detector arrived at the buyer's location, he told you it was dead as a door nail? The same detector that you wondered may have gotten dropped or thrown, and a wire came loose? Same detector that, when the buyer wanted to return it, you told him that was not one of the things you do? Is this the same X-TERRA?

That was in March. And apparently you ended up getting the detector back. It is now July. Granted, that is a long time waiting for repair. Even if their entire facility is moving half way across the Country. It is a long time. But it is not 6 months. Besides, you still owe them $163.50 for what you termed "shipping it back". I doubt it is for shipping it back to you. It is likely for the repairs. Minelab's warranty clearly states that their warrantly is not transferrable. You may have been the original owner. But you sold it. And when you did, that warranty became null and void. Obvoiusly the buyer knew that when he said he didn't want to pay to have it repaired, and shipped both ways. If Minelab reads these forums, as you suggest they do by posting your opinions about their Customer Service, they might also know that you sold it. Minelab's warranty covers materials and workmanship. Not damage from accident, misuse, neglect etc. By your own statements, you tested it when you shipped it, and it worked fine. When the new owner took delivery, (on a detector that the buyer recognized no longer had a warranty) it was dead as a door nail. How would Minelab's warranty be responsible for repairing a detector that, based on your statement that it was working fine when shipped, and not working when received? If you were sure it worked when you shipped it, and the buyer states it did not work when he received it, I have to wonder why you didn't file an insurance claim at that time? Especially if you suspected it may have been dropped or thrown.

For the record, I deleted your previous post. I did NOT delete the string before that. Just the last one. To whomever deleted the other string, please do not delete this one. It will be interesting to see if Minelab really does read this forum. If they do, they will now know your opinion of their Customer Service. And, they'll also have a little more information on how your X-TERRA ended up in their repair center.

F/S Minelab xterra 50
Posted by: staloch [ Send a Message ]
Date: February 14, 2010 09:28PM IP/Host: 65.123.81.---
I have a extremely nice xterra 50 for sale. It hasnt had a lot of use being the wifes machine. Id like 325.00 shipped

Xterra 50 Question
Posted by: staloch [ Send a Message ]
Date: March 15, 2010 12:13PM IP/Host: 12.129.98.---
I sold my wifes Xterra 50 to buy a newer xterra 705 and i tested it before i shipped it USPS and it worked fine. The guy that recieved it says he cant get it to work. I told him to try NEW batteries and make sure they are in correctly. He said he tryed that and no luck. Any Ideas? I did insure it for 300.00 just in case it got damaged but ive never had anything not work when it arrived. I dont know if the box got dropped or thrown and a wire came loose or what. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Xterra 50 Question
Posted by: willyp47 [ Send a Message ]
Date: March 17, 2010 02:40AM IP/Host: 24.115.24.---
I am the man whom bought the 50 from Staloch. It is deader than a door nail? I wanted to return it to him,but that is not one of his things to do?
I've checked the coil connection and the batteries are in right and tight,what next!
To send it to Minelab,for a check up and repairs ? The shipping,both ways and unknown cost of repair plus the month i won't have it,i could have bought a close out model 50 for less!!!!

Date: March 18, 2010 03:04PM IP/Host: 24.115.24.---
The batteris are new,3 sets i tried. The door on the battery box,when you go to close it,has spring tension,from the springs on it!
I will not stretch the springs,i should not of had to do anything but install batteries and go for it?
I am so frustraided[sp]! It is 69* and i can't take it for a walk!!!!!!!!!

Date: March 23, 2010 12:57AM IP/Host: 24.115.24.---
We got this all straightened out,no fault of either of us!
By the way,it is still no working????????

Glad to see you do your research, to bad you didnt see all the emails that werent sent thru findmall. Id say you have about 20% of your info correct. Thanks for trying to make me look like dirt.
I would never delete your post - everyone has a right to their opinion and if you read the minelab forums - customer service is not Minelabs #1 priority lately.

You have the right to your opinion. You also have the responsibility to tell the whole truth.

Well someone deleted my post about Minelab and I bought mine brand new it went tits up and it has been well over 90 days and still have not seen that machine back yet, Minelab just gives me the same ol song and dance. I sold all my other minelab machines and went back to Tesoro at least they know customer service and dependability.