Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why is TX Power fixed at 3 in 4kHz?

Golden Eagle

A quick question:

If lower frequencies work better on higher conductive targets and in more mineralized soil, wouldn't a fixed TX Power of a high 3 be counter productive considering the more mineralized soil? Also in a trashy site, how can I optimally use a 4kHz setting with a fixed TX Power of 3? Wouldn't it be better to have the option to use a 4kHz program with a TX Power of 1 or 2? Why did XP do this or am I missing something? Sorry if this has already been answered earlier.

Rob
A California Yankee in King Willem Alexander's Court

As you often wind up telling your kids . . . . .

[size=x-large]BECAUSE . . . .[/size]

Hate to be a smart alec but XP opted to do this for reasons that they felt were important when V2.0 was developed and one reason deals with the two-box unit that is under development . . . .

Andy

Yeah, I found I also sometimes have to give the answer ' [size=x-large]BECAUSE[/size] ' to my 4 year old son too even though I promised myself I would never use it because it can also mean 'I don't know'. (By no means am I saying this is why you used it) More often, and such is my case, it means that, 'some day you will understand and I just can't explain it right now'. Although I understand that you may not be able to say much more about the subject, it does seem a little strange to me that XP would limit the 4kHz frequency's ability to be fully functional and be its best based on a feature that would come out a few years later such as the two-box unit. How would having the different TX Power options like on the other frequencies in any way hurt the 4kHz? The car lights in the fog analogy that you use in your book is what really got me thinking about this. When XP does come out with the two-box unit, if the 4kHz already had the same TX Power options as the other frequencies how hard would it be to switch the TX Power to 3 to make the two-box usable? I'm either missing a big piece of the puzzle here (which can certainly be the case), or the TX Power fixed at 3 in 4 kHz is a hardware limitation and not software one which means it can't be changed. I wonder if that were the case if XP would admit it?

[size=x-large][size=large][size=large]BTW everyone... The Deus Handbook by Mr. Andy Sabisch is excellent! I haven't finished it yet but it really does go into detail on how you can get the best out of your Deus by simply understanding how it really works. I thought I understood my Deus but Andy brings many subjects and possibilities into a new light which has made my Deus that much more valuable to me. It's written in a friendly, easy to understand style, and I'm really pleased to have it. I would even go as far to say that for many people who read this book that they will increase their finds making this book a relative pennies on the dollar purchase.[/size][/size][/size]

I have asked this question and the answer was not fully enlightening . . . but remember the original target market was not the US and the higher frequencies tend to be the ones that find the type of targets people outside the US are looking for:i.e., low to medium conductive targets.

The 4kHz may be a good choice for deep US silver - and I have tweaked a program for just that purpose - but the primary use of that frequency as conceived by XP's team was to find deeply buried (the lower frequencies detect deeper) caches (or hoards as they call them) or larger relics. In this case, a TX POWER setting of "3" would be optimal. There are some other pieces to the software that are not user adjustable in any frequency and you do not see that were also optimized in the 4 kHz frequency to detect deeper and find hoards . . . .

So could the V3.X have allowed for a TX POWER of something other than "3" to have been selected? Sure, but Alain and his team did not opt to divert attention from the other changes being made since on a digital platform, a change to one function can and often does affect something else - at times unrelated as we found in the V3.X development testing.

Even with the TX POWER set at "3", you should be able to hunt in most areas without it becoming erratic . . . . and recognize what the intended purpose of that choice was when it was designed.

Hope this helps a little

And one last thing . . . thanks for the positive feedback Ron, this book was far more time consuming as any of my past books as I tried to incorporate input from others around the world and keep up with software changes as they unfolded in the development of V3.X. Glad it is being received the way it has been and hope to see some of the finds people are making with the new information.

Andy

Thanks for your reply Andy. Now it makes a lot more sense to me. I'll keep this forum posted with the finds I have made with the help of your book.

Rob