Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why it’s hard for me to give up the T2

I had a "plain" T2 about 10 years ago. I loved it! Shouldn't have sold it, either. I was comparing my luck to a digging buddy's, and he was out- hunting me with his Minelab almost every time we went digging. I found a plenty, though. Later on, I realized that his health was better, he could cover more ground faster than I could, etc. In other words, the problem was me, and not the machine! I'm sure others can relate.

I have the T2+, I can't use boost when I'm in All Metal Mode. BP can only be used when I'm in the Discrimination Mode, please correct me if I'm wrong here and tell me how to set my machine up for this.
You’re right Williebill. BP is in discrimination mode only. If there were a boost process in all metal mode Lord knows how deep you’d be diggin’ 😮‍💨

I have the T2+, I can't use boost when I'm in All Metal Mode. BP can only be used when I'm in the Discrimination Mode, please correct me if I'm wrong here and tell me how to set my machine up for this.
When you are in BP mode, move the cursor to the top and turn the knob to the left, you are in all metal boost. If you don't hunt in BP, you have to switch from whatever disc mode to there to have boost all metal. The only exception is CL mode which also uses boost all metal. It is all in the manual and 2 Much is right how deep you'b be digging if you are curious!

So what is your current first choice?
I recently got a Nox 600. It is the go to machine right now, mainly because I need to use it to learn it. If today I had to choose just one machine to keep, it would likely be the T2. That decision might be different after more hours with the Nox,,,,,, but if the decision had to be made today,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well

Thankfully I don't have to decide today so I can keep the 600,, T2,, MXT and the Compadre.

You’re right Williebill. BP is in discrimination mode only. If there were a boost process in all metal mode Lord knows how deep you’d be diggin’ 😮‍💨
I was thinking I might be missing out on an important feature. I should try hunting in all metal mode more often but I like the different tones in the discrimination mode.

You don't have to hunt in all metal, just listen to solid targets and then switch to AM for a second opinion. It only takes a few seconds to switch back and forth.
Thankfully I don't have to decide today so I can keep the 600,, T2,, MXT and the Compadre.
Sounds like a pretty good dream team to me.