Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why so much trash?

bd1024

Hi Everyone, I have been considering purchasing a Safari, but as I watch the Youtube videos, It seems that people are digging loads of bottle caps, and other types of trash. --- I understand that we all dig our fair share of trash, and that some people dig everything, (not me) --- I will spend more time determining my best guess of what the target is before I dig. (yes, I realize that I miss some good finds)--- My AT Pro is great at predetermining my finds by using the "Iron Audio" feature--- with the X-terras, if I am not hunting in "all metal" , I will switch to all metal to listen for iron, with my T2 S.E., I will hunt in 3b mode to avoid bottlecaps, and with all the detectors, I raise to coil to determine approximate size of the target, and use other tricks that we all know and I won't bore you with. ---- So my question is, how do you determine your targets before digging? ---- Is it even possible with a Safari? ---- I have not seen anything on Youtube that was helpful. --------- Would appreciate your opinions and suggestions. Thanks!

Everyone with any detector will dig trash. My dig or not decision is based on the sound of both
normal & pinpoint modes & the ground. A school playground covered with wood chips its dig it all. On
a putting green lawn its usually probe if shallow, think twice if deep. One thing about Safari & other FSB
most things are audio tone & a tad of the number. The other thing is trash often will not pinpoint
well. You just get the feeling for it.
Many complain about the tones being confusing. Take it to some playgrounds first & learn. My first
outing my squaw took over the swinging after an hour. I sat back in the shade & if I heard a tone I would
yell out DIME, PENNY, NICKEL or TRASH & be right 90%. Those tones are your best friend !
Now I run with zero discrimination & listen to all the tones without the annoying & coin missing MUTE time.

Good luck
Tom
LFOD !

Safari will null out if you have iron disced out. If it goes null go slow and listen for good tone. I have safari,se pro,etrac , ctx, I honestly feel like my safari id's better than the rest. I just finished a test at a house permission I have and ran all 4 with stock coils starting with safari first and went in price order. I missed very little with the safari that the others found. I picked a spot between two trees and worked back to the house staying between the trees. All searching was done in the same direction.