Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why won't my Rat Phones work

poorman

I just bought a real nice clean hardly used set of Rat Phones off the Forum. I can not hear any sound through them with my detector. Classic IDX)I tried turning the volum all the way up..I tried reversing the cord...Nothing. They are the Single Volume type but they have a very small what looks like a toggle sticking down only it doesn't move. Anyone know what this is for and why I can't hear anything. I am very hard of hearing and could it be that the volume just won't go high enough? My Gray Ghosts work fine. Drop me a line if you have any ideas. dkdist@clatskanie.com

That protrusion is to stop the phones when they are folded up, it is not a toggle switch. I cant tell you why they are not working, are they still under warranty, I think they have a lifetime warranty. Call them up and ask.

http://www.detectusa.com/ratphones.htm

Be sure the jack is plugged all the way into the headphone.
The cord can be unjacked from the headphone as well as from the detector. Double check to see that it is fully seated.

- I got tripped on that one!

Try reversing the cord. I had this problem on my M6 and reversing the cord took care of the problem. I don't know why, but it worked. HH

Paul is right. Reverse the cord. I have to do this when I use either my XLT or XS. Also the switch is for tonal changes.

[quote brnn53]Paul is right. Reverse the cord. I have to do this when I use either my XLT or XS. Also the switch is for tonal changes.[/quote]

A yep reverse the cord. If they be some what New Rats they do not have the Tone control any more.

Finally got them to work. I reversed the cord and nothing but I disconnected the cord and hung everything up and came back later. I plugged them in and then they worked. As for the Tone quality I can't tell them from my Gray Ghost Originals. The big and best difference is in the Volume controls. The R/F have a much better volume control. The sound starts to change right away when turning them and the sound peaks much slower so you can adjust better. I bagged up my Gray Ghosts for Back Up.