Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why would I buy ...??

larryk56

Here's a question that I am asking myself?
Please share your thoughts / feedback as I would appreciate it.

I am looking to buy a new detector and I have narrowed it down to
2 very good brands. That is Whites and Garrett.

My choices are one of the new Ace Detectors or the Whites Treasure Master Pro.

I keep asking myself "why would you buy a Ace when you can get the Treasure Master Pro
for close to the same dollar?

Looks to me that the Treasure Master Pro by Whites has auto ground balance and more
features than the Ace?

Looking for feedback to guide me with my buying decision.

Thanks!
Larry

Although I haven't had a chance to actually try one, but the new 400 ace I think might be a better choice. Seems to have a lot going for it. The Treasure machines we tried were not impressive slow recovery, not very good separation . if I wanted to stay with Whites and try to stay in that price range I would look for a good used MX5 or M6...far better machines and good coil selection. You can find some decent deals on them

I've been detecting since the mid seventies and have owned/used a lot of different brands of detectors(nine in the past year or so).I've found that most have an edge in one situation or the other,as in depth,weight,optional coils,price,ground balance or discrimination.For example,a Tesoro Cibola will hunt with the best out there and can be had for a mere $200(used),weighs very little and will discriminate very well.My current picks,a Whites MXT all Pro and an F-19 Fisher seem to work very well for my hunting style,mostly relics.I used Whites detectors exclusively for years,mainly due to their quality and customer service,and they do make a fine detector(even some of their older models have a cult-like following),not to mention the large number of coils and such available.The F-19 was my first venture into a First Texas product(I purchased mine used for $425 shipped)and so far I've been fairly impressed.This detector,which is the same as a Technetics G2+,is the first I've owned that can knock out pull tabs and still find nickels and also eliminate zinc pennies and still find the older coppers.It weighs in at a very light two and a half pounds,so swinging it for long periods is no problem and seems to hit pretty deep targets.I guess what I'm trying to say is that you don't have to break the bank to get a good detector.There is no magic one that will find targets that aren't there.HH

Hey Larry,

Need more info.

What are you going to use the detector for? Have others used either of these detectors for the same task and posted info here on the forum? What is their experience with it? Do you have inclinations to expand your detecting interests at all? Will one of these two detectors cover both current interests and perhaps a future interest? You get the idea.

Rich (Utah)