Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why you don't want to run a high disc on the CoRe...video

JFlynn

Here ya go, watch as the dime opens up more and more as you lower the disc on the CoRe. Listen to as much as you can stand and your finds are going to go up considerably. The machine let's you know whats there to further investigate the good target. I would think you might be cutting your finds back as much as 50% running a real high disc. just walking over the good targets.
[video]https://youtu.be/aplo55EHpOQ[/video]

Great video Jack!! For tot lot hunting a high ID mask setting may be fitting IMO. But in sites where older finds exist, it's a big mistake just like Jack says to crank up the disc to quieten down the machine. A quiet CoRe unit is not a hunting IMO. All you're doing is leaving finds for the CoRe or Racer operator who follows in your foot steps using the correct ID mask/filter setting. It's your choice!!!!!!!!

All vlf do that same thing. Ramp up disc and lose gold/silver/nickles at differing points. Learn the sounds your machine gives off as they talk to you once you invest the time,work and patience and then the world is yours-John

Thank you J Flynn now I know what to listen for and I'm deffinately turning down the discrim.
You da man.

And here's another video that reinforces what Jack is trying to show. This video by Mr Keith Southern. Enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcf1GHCtGYQ&index=2&list=PLSiKTLIMTqYSh1IGkqxjBOEtSN1BN-J_x

So what is your VDI showing when you hit the nail and the coin????

Hoser John said:
All vlf do that same thing. Ramp up disc and lose gold/silver/nickles at differing points. Learn the sounds your machine gives off as they talk to you once you invest the time,work and patience and then the world is yours-John
John that's just adjusting through the iron range. Not even close to nickel going up the scale.

Do, not, seek, the tray-zure Cuz. Leave some for me. LOL

Thank you for the video Jack! I'm curious though, about how it would sound/perform in Di3 mode? same scenario?

Thanks,
Bubba

bubbadirect said:
Thank you for the video Jack! I'm curious though, about how it would sound/perform in Di3 mode? same scenario?

Thanks,
Bubba
Better imo, 3 tone alerts you very very well of something conductive. Then investigate it. You want to know something is there that needs your attention.

Thanks for sharing Jack!