Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wide scan coil --in the zone.

kimbershot

i just received a 10 x 12 widescan for my vaquero and have barely had a chance to play with it (weather crappy). the stock concentric coil pinpoints very easily. a quick indoors air test with the wide scan sounds at the coils toe and heel. i am assuming that i would circle a target from the tip of the coil--and mark the spot for a dig. am i spot on?:detecting:

if it is shallow , if its deep in the center,

I use a 10x5 DD wide scan on my Vaquero and it is heel and toe. After a few digs you will quickly adapt.
Knowing that the signal is like a knife running from the toe to heel helps and use the pinpoint button to determine the center and depth.

Minas man

Xing the target works great also. without moving your body, turn the detector 90 degrees and where the two hits sound is your target.

On real deep targets I use the pinpoint and do that turn thing, but 98% of the time I do the wiggle and pull back method which is super fast.
Quick short swipes over the target and while keeping it in the center area pull back as you make those passes.
When the signal drops out the target will be right in front of the rim of the coil if shallow to about 3-4", under the rim of the coil if it is a few inches deeper, just in back of the front rim if it is a bit deeper than that.

good point revier and that's the reason I X targets mostly. The deeper the target the more its gonna inch back towards the center of the coil so the front to back method is fine for shallower targets but you want accurate, Xing is the way to go.

Remember if you have a Tesoro meter unit it will goof up the ID...Believe under these circumstances Tesoro would have to tune coil to unit...in other word no switching back and forth with your stock coil...I realize a Vac doesn't have a meter but just info for the forum....