Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wife said won't find anything else huh!

lloyd0161

Well my new acquisition proved her wrong. Testing the GTI 2500 in my hunted out front yard for a half hour today and playing around with settings. Hunting in disc with 75% sensitivity pulled this nickel from an honest 12" depth. The key thing is that my yard has been hunted with every conceivable detector over the last 7 years. The coins dried up years ago. I always test my new detectors in the yard just to see what else might be lurking in the depths. So far the Minelabs (etrac, explorer se and explorer II), Fisher G2 and Gold Bug Pro, and Minelab xterra 305 did not flinch at this nickel which came in very loud and clear with the GTI. When I dug the plug with the trenching shovel which has a 14" blade on it I popped the cone shaped plug and tested the hole and nothing. So put the propointer in the center of the bottom of the plug and wallah, the nickel is 1/2" into the plug dead center. So I am very pleased with my purchase to say the least:)

Correction, we'll call it 10 inches. I remeasured the shovel blade where the dirt line was.

I forgot to mention, my yard has also seen the Fisher F75 pre-upgrade version, Minelab sovereigns Elite and GT, and Minelab Musketeer Advantage. None of the aforementioned detectors found the nickel until the GTI 2500 came along.

That GTI 2500 is a great metal detector. In true all metal mode, it gets fantastic depth. Good luck with your future hunts.:thumbup:

Yeah, I was amazed myself. I have also recovered a few other items from my yard just messing around over the weekend that were previously missed. A few were little bits of aluminum scrap cutoffs from the siding. I did find a brass snap from clothing. I have figured out where roofing nails come in on the ID. There are a ton of these immediately around the perimeter. There is also large iron which is where the 2500 shines and shows these as large targets on the screen. I was hunting in 0 disc mode and switching to all metal for pinpointing. I have the ID enabled while hunting in all metal. Very cool. I love the non motion all metal on this detector. Like the analog detectors of yore!!! Something I miss from my old Whites 5900 Di Pro SL. I enjoyed playing in the woods this weekend at a youth camp site. We have a 4500 acre park here that has been around since 1947. You never know what you will find there. I will definitely be out there this weekend with the 2500. Just makes it more fun with all the bells and whistles. It does miss a few things though in heavy trash due to coil size. I will be getting a 1500 sniper coil for this purpose.

Gene said:
A nickel at 10" in discrimination is still good depth.
Well, the amazing thing is that none of the other machines found this or even hinted that it was there. But every machine is different and maybe some of the other targets would not have been found by the GTI. But I just find this detector to be fun to use. Very cool.

"Fun to use." Yes, I think you have really hit on it there. Fun to use means a lot to me too !