Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will bigger coils like..

Ron Brown

the 15.5" deep cache or 10.5" Blue Max 256 coil help me find older deeper coins than the stock 9" coil on my 6000 pro xl.

Thanks and HH

They can IF the ground is not too high in minerals or too trashy.In the latter case,the larger coils cover more area which means you are increasingly likely to have junk masking deeper targets.In hot ground the greater area under the coil adds to the minerals the detector`s GB has to deal with.That can counteract the depth gain you would otherwise have.However,if there is not a lot of trash and the soil is average or milder then the bigger coil will give you more depth.Keep in mind,though,that it is harder to pinpoint with big coils.Personally,I used a 14" coil on a Garrett ADS III back in the 1980`s to dig deep Barber coins in a heavily hunted(but low trash)revival campground.

Give you greater coverage and of course extra weight...Under the right conditions can give you more depth also...Jimmy Sierra has a nice line of larger coils and has for years in association with Whites offered many innovative accessories for Whites and you might want to visit his website..I really wouldn't use too large of a coil for coins as they are made for deep large objects such as caches and the like...