Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WILL MINELABS NEW COMMANDER COILS WORK ON THE GQ ?

Hi Buzz,

How in the heck are you? Hope all is well.

Now, Like Mr. Bill, I have not tried the Commander coils, but I have built a very wide range of different types and sizes of coils for the GQ and they all work, so I know of know reason why the Commander coils will not work also. However I am sure some will require a little adjustment of the delay.

Any coil built to work on a ML has to be within a very tight specification range or it will not work. That is not the case on the GQ. It is a very forgiving PI and will work with any coil I have built within the general range of the ML coils, plus a few of the factory built ML compatible coils I have tried.

My GQ clone seems to work with most anything I throw together for a coil and some of them have been really strange.

Now, what might happen is you will have to advance the delay a little on some of the coils to get it to work correctly. This will most likely be true of the larger coils.

Finally, if you have one of the earlier GQ's, you will need the DD conversion to be able to use the DD coils and you will have to have the proper connector adapter, or have modified your machine so the ML compatible coils can be connected properly.

Hope this helps.

Reg

Hi Reg
Its been a while since we last talked, doing ok thanks for asking. I was kind of wondering what happen to you, I haven't talked to you in quite some time.We did the DD mod to the GQ a while back and the DD round coil works very nice the one you built for me, Bill and I were talking about the Coiltec Platypus being that it is water proof and eliptical coil. I am kind of leaning in that direction right now. I did change the case again as had too many extra hole from all my mods
that didin't work out and I also fliped the pelican case over this time, a lot better set up. Have you found any gold nuggets or meteorites with your clone this year?:detecting:

Buzz

Hi Buzz,

Good to hear your GQ is working ok and the DD mod is working fine. That makes a big difference on the GQ.

Nope, haven't found much of anything of interest this year, but I really haven't hunted much either. A lot of time was spent helping my father with his medical problems, so I was sidetracked a lot. Fortunately, the problems were resolved, but it did take up a few months.

I did come up with a few mods for the older Goldscan and have been playing around with it, just for fun. Anymore, I have about as much fun experimenting with different mods since I have to travel so far just to hunt nuggets in areas that might be decent.

Hopefully, next year will be better and I will have more time to spend looking. In the mean time, I hope to come up with a few new ideas also.

BTW, have you had a chance to get out much with your GQ? If so, how is the luck holding out?

Reg

Hi Reg
Like you I haven't had much time either to get out, just playing around here.

Buzz