Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will the DX-1 probe work on the V3(the one that fits the DFX)

They work ...but not as good as the NEW V coils.

Jerry

CROCK of COINS said:
They work ...but not as good as the NEW V coils.

Jerry

They typically don't run TX Boost is all. (You can't run TX in some ground anyways) If you have mild ground and can run TX...get V rated stuff to your needs.

Jeff, I put the DX-1 on my V3 and love it.If you try to use TX Boost with the DX-1 installed on the V3 it gives an overload signal (probably the same as the non V search coils).This is the first detector Ive tried a Sunray probe on and if I had any idea how good they work,I would have had one on my DFX.

I have noticed that the lower the gain you are running, the shallower the DX-1 probe will penetrate, as well as it being less sensitive. On the DFX I always ran "hot" and I used the DX-1 on top of the ground to zero in on the target so I could make a smaller plug to dig, with targets about 5" or less. On the V3 I've had a problem getting any depth with it, as I did with the DFX. If you run with the recommended gain the program suggests, let's say 8, your probe's penetration depth is limited. Even pinpointing in a hole it seemed to act "iffy". I tried cranking up the gain to the full 15 and bingo, I had the depth and sensitivity again. Just something I thought I would pass around if anyone else noticed any depth problem with the DX-1 probe (probably would be previous owners with a different machine). When I bought my V3, I had to have the DX-1 right from the get-go. I love it and don't know if Ralph will tweak it to be a little better with the V3.

HH to all

Hmmm...I just transferred my DX-1 from the DFX to the V and mine seems to work fine. I have used it for about 8hours and have ran it without and with TX boost and do not get overload. Depth seems to be comparable to what I was getting with it on my DFX. So...just try it!!!! :thumbup:

thanks everyone , I haven't had time to get out yet with the new machine but will soon, I may have to update coils but will try what I have first