Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will the real CS7 step forward!???

A

Anonymous

Ok, which one is it??? This is odd? Two pix of the same machine but both are very diff. What gives?? Is one the wide open non-fcc choked UK version?? Which one do yall have?? Hit the link to see the other one....
HH
R-n-R

If the unit works as good as the desgin it should be a winner. If I can just get you guys to comment on them! Stability, depth, battery life etc... Does the unit have a solid "feel" to it? and what are those knobs on the bottom of the grip and shaft?? Sorry for all the questions but I'm trying to form an opnion having never actually used one, it's a tad hard. I'm a little nervous about getting a non-"mainstream" detector. (I had a bad exp. with a CS990) Thanks!!!
HH
R-n-R

The first picture is an early version. This had an injection molded, foam filled coil housing which was difficult to keep watertight. After a few leakers this was changed to the open ring coil in the second picture which is potted with a solid resin. It also gives less water resistance. The control box and electronics are the same for the US and UK.
Eric.

Hi,
The knobs on the shaft and bottom of the handle are locking knobs. The hand grip can be slid up or down, then locked and the bottom shaft telescopes for length the the bolt and knob put through the hole and tightened. More rugged and reliable for underwater use than spring clips and normal collars which get choked with sand.
Eric.

R-n-R,
I am not a dealer for CScope or New Force, but I did receive the first CS7UMD here in the U.S.. Eric sent it over to me to test out here. (I still have it) It employs the open type coil that is shown in the later New Force picture you presented. It

My goal in hunting is to find gold and platinum. I could care less if I find coins or silver jewelry. At the present time, the CS-7 is the deepest going machine on items in what I call the gold range. The gold range does include nickels and pulltabs. I have dug a large number of pulltabs 12 inches or more. But you have to do this to get the gold. But since you can determine with the CS-7 using the Frequency control if the target maybe be gold. You don't have to waste your time digging iron of fair size and coins except for nickels. Don't get the idea that the CS-7 is the perfect machine. It is not. I do not like the rod assembly that came with it. Too heavy, so I use a White's upper S rod assembly. I also mounted the conrol box on the S rod assembly. Next, I have a very bad hearing problem. So I change the head phones to the White's Surfmaster headphones to get the volume that I need to hear the faint deep ones. Over here in Hawaii, we spend a lot of time working the edge of the water. The CS-7 will false some then. To fix this problem, I connected a wire from one of the screws on the battery compartment. I run the wire down a long the coil cable and end the wire around 3 inches from the top of the loop. The other problem due to submarine radios. I can only run the CS-7 at the maximun Frequency control position one day of the week. That day I hunt areas where the sand is very deep.
Terry

Is the "window" adjustable?? I had a PIranha that would hammer a nickle but a silver dime would not sound off as well? I have to agree about the rod assmbly, I'd try it but I'm an S rod guy I guess. Also what's the weight??? Control box and coil or whole unit? Thanks so much!
HH
R-n-R

If you look back over the posts, you will find explanations as to the adjustments of the CS-7.
On the Piranha, it doesn