Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will the Vanquish enough to replace my MXT?

In my post above showing the actual frequencies on an oscilloscope was posted by Carl NC, a metal detecting engineer who designed among other the XP M5 and M6, the Tekpoint, the F-Pulse, and the TRX. I trust him more than KelleyCo and undercoil.com. I don't believe Minelab or Nokta either one have shown oscilloscope results.
Could you post the video of the vanquish and him doing the oscilloscope frequency test? I'd sure like to see it. Thanks

Howdy folks.

I am in the market for a new detector.
I currently have a White’s MXT. It’s been my only detector for 10 years.
I never did any coin hunting, I alway dug civil war relics.
I haven’t used the MXT for about 4 years, but picked it up again a few weeks ago.
I am just getting back into detecting, and this time it will be 70%/30 %- Coin/Relics.

My question is, will the Vanquish 540 run as good as or better than than the MXT?
Or would I be better off with an Equino? 600 or 800?
We have moderately mineralized soil where I live, so that my be a concern at times.
Hello all. I have a Whites XLT Spectrum e series that still works great. But. Whites is no longer in business so I bought a Minelab Equinox 600. I found a few coins with the nox but always had problems getting the correct settings.I took the 600 to a detector dealer and he told me that the 600 is working fine the problem is ME. The dealer I bought it from told me that it should be easy to use. WRONG!! The 600 is about 3 years old and out of warranty but I am going to sell it PERIOD.I just bought a Minelab Vanquish 540 made a few small adjustments for chatter. set up what I wanted to reject.Within 4 minutes got a hit about 5 inches down. it was a 1795 reeded large penny. The Vanquish is SO easy to set what you want to do. almost turn on and go. multi frequency is great.I was told by the dealer who checked out the nox that quite a few people are looking for a nox 600 or 800. told me I should ask at least $375--$400. I paid $599..But as I said the vanquish is awesome .. PS a friend of mine is into coin collecting he told me that the 1795 reeded large penny could be 1 of only 7 known to exist and worth quite a lot of money. but I will believe it when I get the coin graded. Have a great day

In my post above showing the actual frequencies on an oscilloscope was posted by Carl NC, a metal detecting engineer who designed among other the XP M5 and M6, the Tekpoint, the F-Pulse, and the TRX. I trust him more than KelleyCo and undercoil.com. I don't believe Minelab or Nokta either one have shown oscilloscope results.
I'd Love to pick their brains.
Any chance we can get together on a Brainstorm ???
I'll bring the Rum. Or beverage of choice ...