Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

will the

Which DD Coil? Coils from different units are tuned specifically to that particular unit. Sometimes the coils will sort of work, however, the disc, depth reading and depth are way out of wack.

The latest Garrett 8.5"x11"DD search coil is not available for the CX series at the moment, unfortunately. The AT Pro search coil won't work on the CX because the connector is different and even if you switched out/spliced in the CX connector, it wouldn't work 'cause it's different kHz. I asked Garrett's if they'd sell me one/rig me up one with the right coonector and they said no.
You might want to try splicin' a CX coil connector onto one of the 8.5"x11"DD search coils that are made for the ACE or GTI series, since the kHz is closer. I haven't tried that yet and don't know if I will.
I'm still hopeful that Garrett will release a new "Hunter" series of detector that incorporates all of the older CX series of search coils as well as new search coils including a new 8.5"x11"DD.
Happy Hunting!:)