Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

will we have a small coil by 09

It could happen but I think FT wants to sell more F75's than T2's. The small coil would be the only reason I would switch to or add an F75, but I think I'll just stick to the T2 and see what happens.

I'm sticking to the T2 also, I just wish Ralph would move it to the front of the line for a inline probe:confused:

you would think with the large following of t-2 users over in Europe and people here it would have already happened

ive been offered a trade deal on a t2 and i seriously considered it,but the lack of small coil,and the time the machine has been available,really scared me off :(.. i mean,fair enuff,i can see how they might nbe putting all their attention to the 75,but how hard would it be to modify/adapt the f75 small coil?? (if sunray could make a simple conector to allow a fisher id edge to use coinstrike colis,how come first texas cant do something for a machine that shares the same frequency,same designer,many of the same features etc of the f75 and t2, and not be able to do it?????? i mean,come on! :) ) i cant see the logic..i mean they would make a killing..i thought that was what first texas was all about..making money!! seems they missed the boat on this one..or if u believe in conspiracy theories,is the t2 figured in their futre? surely the fairly large user base justified a small coil immediately....enquiring minds want to know! :)

maybe we are barking up the wrong tree,by hammering first texas/teknetics about this(they obviously have it on the back burner,for what reason,who knows,or really cares..this machine needs a small coil,YESTERDAY! :) )..maybe we should be asking someone like Ralph from sunray(you know,he who can make an adaptor for an id edge to take coinstrike coils :) ) or some other engineer..coz its really hard to buy the old 'you cant use f75 coils on the t2,because the electronics to the box is different' ..ok,the edge and coinstrike may be so similar(funny,if you look at the t2 and f75,they dont really look like distant cousins in design,frequency etc etc :) ),so a simple adaptor may not have been a huge stretch..BUT! what about this..WHITES can make 3 mid to high range detectors(m6(14khz) the mxt(14 khz) and the dfx(3&15 khz!!!!) )) AND THEY CAN ALL USE THE SAME COILS!(now,the 2 14khz machines,you,d expect the electronics to the box to be similar..but less so for the dfx,coz it dual frequency etc etc..) so my question is...if whites can do it for 3 of their machines,why cant first texas??? or at least be decent and state when one is coming or say why your not bothered at this point in time! :rant: also while we talking about whites and fisher(and tek),didnt dave johnson have a hand in at least one of those 3 whites machines that can share coils?? :) .. anyway,just my personal thoughts..if there was a smaller coil for this machine,i,d have traded,coz after researching this and the f75 i actually think the t2 is better for my conditions than the almighty f75!..conspiracy theory no.2 :)..maybe first texas knows the t2 could be the better machine :) lol :)..who knows? WHO CARES!!! JUST GIVE THIS MACHINE A SMALL COIL, DANG IT! i want to try one :)

The question to me is: Will the stock F75 coil and the stock T2 coil work on either machine? If they will, then FT worked overtime to make the small coil NOT work on the T2. Even if the stock coils are not interchangeable, it's pretty obvious there isn't much of a difference.

[quote Shenandoah Digger]The question to me is: Will the stock F75 coil and the stock T2 coil work on either machine? If they will, then FT worked overtime to make the small coil NOT work on the T2. Even if the stock coils are not interchangeable, it's pretty obvious there isn't much of a difference.[/quote]

And an excellent question it is too :) .... if it turns out that they have indeed worked hard and furious to purposely make it not work,then the question is why? i mean for goodness sakes,same designer,same frequency,nearly identical bodies and performance,nearly identical lcd display and features and coils.. lol conspiracy theory no. 3 :) ... maybe they want everyone to "UPGRADE" to the f75,seeing its got the small coil AND a sunray probe..we have seen the adds on the tek site for the new omegas etc,but it still reckons the t2 will be the top line.. i dont know about you guys,but after having their 'top line' model in the market place for a couple of years,with no small coil or sunray probe etc,its worrying to see them announce new machines,without having given the big 'momma' the chance to fully show her wares :( ..again,just my own personal meandering thoughts :)..basically my big question is..what the hell is up with that bs?? :confused:

My thought is that the T2 was just another machine with an established name so the investment was minimal. Fisher was the purchase of actual stuff so there was an investment that has to be recovered fast to make everyone look good. Is it fair,no but that is the way they did it. Hopefully someone will get smart with the adapter cord just like what happened with the old Teknetics to the Whites coil and it worked.

i think if they were serious about a smaller coil for the t-2 they would have built the 6" dd coil for the f-75 first before a concentric 6", to save on tooling costs, since they claim the t-2 is strictly designed for dd coils

I may be wrong but I don't think you'll ever see a smaller coil for the T2. The $250 extra for the F75 can be justified by it having other coils made for it. If they make them available for the T2, what would be the use in buying an F75? Because in my opinion the T2 is at least equal to the F75, and is a better relic hunter.

Complain Complain Complain!

It's obvious the FT has abandoned the T2 in favor of the F75. Well, what about those of us who shelled out the $ for the T2? don't we deserve a small coil AT LEAST? Let's fill the FT inbox with email complaints until they get sick of us