Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

william henry harrison token 1841

astral

Here's a story...I was in an antique store in the desert and I came accross a big bag of buttons. the woman sold it to me and I was surprised when I went to pour them out and found a coin or token. It was a William Henry Harrison coin that I believe may have silver in it and is a copper colored. It dates back to 1841 and I believe it speaks of his 1 month whig Presidential service. On the back it reads, "WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON BORN FEB. 8, 1773 FAMED INDIAN FIGHTER CAMPAIGN SLOGAN "TIPPE CANOE AND TYLER TOO" FIRST WHIG PRESIDENT, SERVED 1 MONTH DIED APRIL 4 1841"
on the front of coin his face and "1841 NINTH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES 1841"
If any coin buff can tell a little about this token, please contact me via email @ www.astralina@hotmail.com
I don't know it's worth if there is any. I have searched books and the web but have failed to understand it's value.
thanks for your time in this matter and hope to hear from one of you smart coin people.
ASTRAL!!!

hey, i just found the same token in my neighbors yard. i am going to try to find out more about it. if you have found anything new about please let me know. my email is noodlewolf@hotmail.com if you would like to get a hold of me.
thanks noodle

My wife and i were metal detecting at an old cellar hole in croydon nh and i dug one up. Its in very good condition. I dont know much about the coin, all the pictures ive seen online show the coin with a hole in the top, as does the one i found so my best guess is that it was worn as some kind of necklace.

the hole was to keep from losing the coin, they either attached a string or attached it to their clothing.