Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wilson Detectors

Hi Rick,
on the R&C IV there should be switch on the bottom, pull it towards you to engage the booster for depth, if it’s not there it could be the red button on the face of it. There were no retune buttons on the R&C. The meters on both is just for the batteries.
Thanks! Each machine has a toggle switch underneath, which I assume is for reset or something? It's a finger trigger.

Finally got a pic to upload.
Hi Rick,
on the ATD, there’s a switch on the bottom of box. When squeezed it changes the detector from motion to non- motion modes.non motion disc and all metal. When released returns to motion mode in disc or all metal.

Talked to the guy at the shop yesterday. He says that the machines are on his bench, next in line for repair. Should have them by this coming Thursday.

Going to pick up the machines tomorrow. The man called and said that he couldn't get the ATD to make any sound, but he did fix the battery wires. The larger machine does beep, but this guy knows nothing about detectors, and works on stereos, scanners, and other electronics.

Going to pick up the machines tomorrow. The man called and said that he couldn't get the ATD to make any sound, but he did fix the battery wires. The larger machine does beep, but this guy knows nothing about detectors, and works on stereos, scanners, and other electronics.
Too bad he couldn’t get it going, good he gave it a try. Maybe the R&C IV works, good beep and dig detector. Still interested in the ATD.

Too bad he couldn’t get it going, good he gave it a try. Maybe the R&C IV works, good beep and dig detector. Still interested in the ATD.
Ok. The repair guy was listening for beeps. I'm anxious to see if the battery meter responds, so that we know it's getting power. I will keep you posted. Thanks!!

Got the ATD working today. It air tests deep, even with the small coil. I used a quarter and a nickel. Even being out in the yard with it for a few minutes, I had to come back in with those damned diverticulitis pains. Gonna be a while before I can go on a real hunt.

Got the ATD working today. It air tests deep, even with the small coil. I used a quarter and a nickel. Even being out in the yard with it for a few minutes, I had to come back in with those damned diverticulitis pains. Gonna be a while before I can go on a real hunt.
Sorry to hear your in pain, hope that can be dealt and done with soon.
Glad you got the ATD working, nice both of them are worklong,price just went up😩
Just kidding,👍

Thanks for all the helpful replies! I'm hoping to get out with the ATD next week when it warms up some. There is a PIN switch on the face, where up is disc, and down is "GND". I can't really see the need for this switch. Last question is how to ground balance the ATD? I will likely be hunting in all metal. Thanks once again! Rick

Thanks for all the helpful replies! I'm hoping to get out with the ATD next week when it warms up some. There is a PIN switch on the face, where up is disc, and down is "GND". I can't really see the need for this switch. Last question is how to ground balance the ATD? I will likely be hunting in all metal. Thanks once again! Rick
The pin switch on the face bottom left side in GND is in all metal mode,when up in disc is in discrimination mode, both those positions the metal detector has to be in motion. Once the trigger switch on bottom of detector is held in the detector is in non- motion modes in GND and disc modes. The switch on bottom is not the pin switch on face. To ground balance
set knob to 12:00, set pin switch to GND. Hold trigger-switch on bottom on, lower coil and hear if it goes lower or higher, adjust as needed.
So the pin switch on face with GND is a 4 mode switch, 2 motion, 2 non motion.

Is the air tests in response to a 7.5" coil? How far away was a dime or penny? My ATD in motion discriminate was around 6.5-7".

Is the air tests in response to a 7.5" coil? How far away was a dime or penny? My ATD in motion discriminate was around 6.5-7".
My ATD in motion was 6-6.5, in non motion 5.5. I think mine needs a good cleaning,don’t think it’s working 100%. One of my R&C IV’s air tested 8-8.5, and I grabbed the North Star for the heck of it, it air tested the dime at 12.5- 13”

My ATD in motion was 6-6.5, in non motion 5.5. I think mine needs a good cleaning,don’t think it’s working 100%. One of my R&C IV’s air tested 8-8.5, and I grabbed the North Star for the heck of it, it air tested the dime at 12.5- 13”
My R & C II response is similar to your R & C IV. I'm almost finished restoring it. My ATD was a low hour creampuff,but didn't impress me with an air test. Very good in a trashy park as it didn't false much. I hope this R & C II fares better.

The pin switch on the face bottom left side in GND is in all metal mode,when up in disc is in discrimination mode, both those positions the metal detector has to be in motion. Once the trigger switch on bottom of detector is held in the detector is in non- motion modes in GND and disc modes. The switch on bottom is not the pin switch on face. To ground balance
set knob to 12:00, set pin switch to GND. Hold trigger-switch on bottom on, lower coil and hear if it goes lower or higher, adjust as needed.
So the pin switch on face with GND is a 4 mode switch, 2 motion, 2 non motion.
Thanks! I knew you would know.q

The coil on my ATD is probably a 5". I was air testing some small gold jewelry with it in all metal. Was not impressed, but on coins or relics, I think it would hit much better.

The pinpoint volume knob has static when you turn it, so you have to find a sweet spot, but that knob doesn't really need to be moved once you put it where you want it. There used to be a "channel cleaner" spray that would take care of static.

Cult favorites here in Virginia. You did good. The RC2 was his best in that series. I owned all of them.

Cult favorites here in Virginia. You did good. The RC2 was his best in that series. I owned all of them.
I have the R&C III, and IV ,plus the II and the III is as deep as IV, and the IV has a booster switch.
we all have our favorites but the II has the less depth of the set,they all have great discrimination, all could cut out everything but still hit silver if that was what your after.Don’t think I ever dug a bottle cap using them. The II was the first one I got,love those detectors

Scored another R & C II. You can't just have one. Sounds like a commercial. :tongue:

Attachments

• wilsonmd2.jpg
    wilsonmd2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 165