Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Winter beach hunting

sasquache

Anyone else detect the beaches (when the ground is frozen solid) the winter with the Safari and if so what coil do you use and any settings you wish to share? I use a older round 13 inch detech seems too go really deep and loves round things found a canadian dollar coin at around 24 inches load and clear just wondering about other treasure hunters experiences on the sand. Thank you

I usually detect the beaches far less in the winter than during the rest of the year. Unfortunately my favorite beach was just renourished and everything good is under three to five feet of new sand. Before I got the Xcal I used a 13 inch coil on my machine to gain maximum coverage. Unless the beach is exceptionally trashy a large coil gives one the ability to cover more territory and may increase the finds.

Thank you George for the info i also use a 13 round detech coil an it is super deep!

Me too, I swing my Safari with the13" Ultimate.

It's so good that I sold my Equinox 800...

I think it's a killer deeep detector on the beach Nick excellent combo for sure what 13 coil are you using? I use a older round 13 detech coil and im thinking of getting a newer model.

When I had the 11 inch pro coil, I started with coin/jewelry mode but switched over to relic mode using low trash. ( I rarely use high trash, as I've learned to be a slow hunter anyway ). It's funny to watch the newbies on the beach hunting in overdrive with irregular search patterns, thinking that they've got to cover the whole beach in a hour. Love the detech ultimate 13 inch coil , though heavier than the pro coil .

No longer have a Safari, but hunt it with very little discrim. just be VERY careful around water. I almost gave myself a heart attack when i almost dunked mine.

Good idea Wandering Karl the Safari wouldn't survive especially after a salt water dunk.