Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Winter blues

Hey guys, I am very new to this hobby. Only managed to get out a couple times this summer to work. My question is do any of you get out during the winter? when the ground is froze solid?
Cheers,

No.:) Winter around here is a great time to detect,:detecting:

You may be new to detecting, but you picked a winner for a detector.

Welcome aboard.:cheers:

tabman

Thanks tabman for heads up on the model i chose . I guess snow banks, toboggan hills etc...

yes sliding hills on days in the 30,s the snow is very low mineralized and you get the same depth as an air test

Love your signature and your choice of detector Sitting Bull.

In the winter I hunt softball infields, volleyball and horsehoe pits, beaches along rivers and lakes, and construction sites (road / curb / sidewalk tearouts). These are spots you generally dont have to be careful digging in and in many case they dont freeze even in more northern latitudes.

Sitting Bull said:
Hey guys, I am very new to this hobby. Only managed to get out a couple times this summer to work. My question is do any of you get out during the winter? when the ground is froze solid?
Cheers,

Sitting Bull,

Here in the Valley of th Sun............It's to hot to detect in the summer...............but in the winter its great.

Ya just live in the wrong area. Or just need to become a snowbird, migrating here in the winter.

hardrockminer

Once the ground freezes its over.Two years ago it was mild enough that I hunted all winter. Hunting in the woods is best in the winter once the foliage has died.

Remember if you have a saltwater beach close or within traveling distance they never freeze, but take your gloves and of course your earphones make good earmuffs.

Here in Arkansas I hunt from September through about April or May. The summers here for me are just to hot and the ground is dry and hard to dig.

Thanks for your input mojotrout, I believe in that signature. Take the time with kids and take them outside to explore and teach them that there is more to life than video games and TV.

No salt water beaches anywhere near here. Ground is already frozen. Boy would I ever love to afford to be a snow bird. My first trip ever to the U.S.A was 2 yrs ago, went to Palm Springs for 7 days. Simply amazing.