Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Winter cleaning of your At Pro

2wheeldevil

This is what happens when you push the buttons when you have the detector under water. Water and sand does not get inside the control box but is trapped between the rubber buttons and the front screen. I also replace the decal on the outside of the screen at the same time. When you remove the decal to get to the screws which hold the front screen in the control box you usually damage the decal so it is a good idea to get a new one. Also, air bubbles usually form between the decal and the front screen. Replacing the decal with a new one makes the machine look brand new again.

There is a video on You/Tube (Taking apart the At Pro). This guy is from Europe and the screw heads are different (USA has phillips heads). Two phillips screws to take the screen out of the control box and 4 phillips screws to separate the computer board from the front screen. You can unhook the earphone wire and the coil wire from the computer board for ease of handling but the small speaker wire cannot be unhooked. DO NOT use the sealant he used on the earphone jack and the coil jack. If these are loose and turn, tighten up the nut on the inside. ONLY DO THIS PROCEDURE IF YOU ARE HANDY AND COMFORTABLE WITH DOING IT. THIS MAY INVALIDATE YOUR WARRANTY!!

To clean these four items just use soap and water and make sure you dry them thoroughly. I then coat the O-ring with a thin coat of silicone grease. This is done mainly to make it easy to push the screen back into the black box.

Yikes! I don't go that far for winter cleanup. I just remove the coils and clean out the dirt from the washers and elephant ears. I re-lube the coil and headset connectors "O" rings. I also use the e-racer end of a pencil to clean the battery terminal ends in the machine and battery ends. And, I give the whole unit a nice wash with a damp cloth.