Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Winter project - Old Trolley Line

togamac

Well, the ground is now frozen so I've been spending my time scouting out new sites for next years detecting. I'm intrigued by the old maps that show a trolley line through my town. Are there artifacts or coins to be found from the building of the trolley line or from the travelers on the trolley? I don't know! What do you guys think?

most had tokens to use. the ones i have found or seen are small brass about the size of a dime.

One never knows what may be in the dirt until you put a coil over it. If you can determine where folks got on and off the trolley I would think that would be the best area to check.

Well...yes, maybe you can study that map and follow that old line to some old dirt, or a trestle over a creek that is long gone or something..its worth a go..:clapping:
Mud

Hi togamac, my thoughts about ANY dirt I may consider digging is to research it to the utmost. Having the old town maps is great but do you know what was there before the trolly line? Who owned the land before your town grew big enough to need a trolly line? Who and what was there before there was a town. Etc & etc. Run the research ragged and you may even find a more productive place along the line to concentrate on! HH Charlie

You just never, ever know. I hunted a 3 acre wood lot last yr. Found old rifle brass, lots of alum. trash. One (1) Zink penny. Now, if someone told me there was one penny in there, could I've found it? Doubtful.