Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Winter Re-con: Successful

bigealive

Been on a Winter Re-con for old lots/houses and places to detect once frost/5 ft. snow is gone... I completely stumbled across a jackpot waiting to be discovered. My brother's father-in-law mentioned a place where he hunts small game/deer that use to be a townsite. It's n the middle of the woods and on land he has permission to do whatever. The best part is that the same family has own the land since the 1920's.(no one has been in there,,,, yet!!!) Yesterday, we jumped on snowmobiles and headed out to take a look and show me where it was.(18 miles away) The place is a complete dream... I took pictures and was going to post them but camera/phone is on a trail somewhere between home and there. There are 14 different stone foundations still there that I could make out and he told me that most of the place was invisible to our eyes with all the snow. I guess the story goes that in 1870's the railroad came through and was not going to have a stop there so the whole town pretty much packed up and moved four miles to the next town on the hill where the RR was setting up a depot. Which is still there. The population was 450 people in 1873(18 different stores/shops and was incorporated as a town in 1854. I just hope that the spring thaw happens fast and the forest growth doesn't come real quick. Small window to hunt without weed whippers.

Hey thats pretty cool. I've got a couple old foundations in the woods near me that I plan to search this spring! I hope they are still there though. I found them about 10 years ago and they have built some large neighborhoods nearby. There used to be an old Studibaker truck there that was all rusted out with 15 foot trees growing through it.

You should try to get a SANBORN map of it. If you can you will really be able to get the most
for the least amount of work or at least the fastest.

From the land of the Bluenose.....sounds promising me bouy. Now if only the snow will cooperate and..............>------------> >---------------->

On my way to next county over on Monday to see if the library has a selection of them. Home county has a bunch but not sure about next county over???? Most likely find some info. bros. father-in-law seems to think so!!!

If caught by the enemy don't give out any secrets! U blew it now news crews will be camped outside your door.Thank god you didn't give out te GPS coordinates LOL:drinking: