Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Winter Research Starting To Pay Off!

godigit1

Had lots of time for research this winter and the snows finally almost all gone in the mountains. So for the 4th we went to the cabin at Echo for a break. Its never a break when we first open the cabin for the year though but I managed to find some time to hit a old ski resort that closed in the sixties. I was hoping for some silver coins but found jewelry instead (BUMMER)LOL. Lots of trash but the gold bug worked its magic and I managed to pick up this little babies birthstone ring. Its 18k and weighs in at a whopping 1.7 grams. The stone is amethyst. Also this little silver earring and some clad with the oldest coin being a 46 nickel.
[attachment 203800 DSCN0925.JPG]
[attachment 203801 DSCN0927.JPG]

While packing to go home we had a little break in the heat so here some good old sierra weather for you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPd-MMqYHmY
Hope you all had a good one.
HH
Jim

Excellent finds, Godigit1! Jewellery is always a good thing to find. Are summer hailstorms common there?
Your post jogged my old grey matter a bit...back in the early 80's I learned to ski from an Italian friend. He remarked that he once found some jewellery where people usually take off their gloves and stomp snow from their shoes before entering the lodge. Maybe those spots around the ski resort where people "usually" take off their gloves at (eg. when they have to reach in their wallets to pay for something) would be good to detect?

Hey Amberjack,
Its a mixture of both hail and rain. It really came down for a while. As far as the peeps the area is really busy on holidays and weekends. Its Great in the winter for cross country skiing. Ski right off the deck and into the area called Desolation Wilderness. Might as well be on the moon!
Hi Hobbyist, That's exactly where I started was around where the old lodge used to be, I haven't even scratched the surface of things yet as far as the runs go. their was only two runs, a bunny run and a advanced run. You can tell where the runs were by a lower tree level there. I'm thinking people would have lost jewelry there as well when they would fall and take off their gloves to clean snow from under their clothing. The thunder storms happen a few times a summer but most the time its pretty nice. Since its at 7500 feet it usually turns to a little hail as well.
HH