Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wired Headphone Solution

earthmansurfer

I chose to wait for the regular style headphones to come out and so bought an adapter in order to attach my DMC Gray Ghost headphones. Even if you use the wireless headphones a nice emergency backup is to have some wired headphones.

The adapter however would not fit fully into the recess on the Deus' female plug as it is a bit tight. (Pic 1) What this does is not allow for a good contact and hence, no sound unless you really push it in hard and then it still cuts out way too often.
Note the adapter width is slightly wider than the Deus' female recess. (Pic 2) This may not be true of all adapters but I have seen others mention this.
So, I only had to file just a small portion of the plastic on the adapter to get it to fit into the female recessed end. (Pic 3)
Note, unlike one piece adapters with no cable between them, this style of adapter allows for the Control Box to be mounted with no interferance from your hand (well, I guess that depends on how big your hand is but it should still be ok.) (Pic 4 & 5).

Hope that was helpful,
Albert

ps - I tried my mp3 headphones, which are of very good quality, they fit and functioned fine BUT the quality of the sound was slightly fuzzy.

hi man

how bout getting a pair of the cheap wired backphones from xp n give them a test compaired to your other ones, iv read over the years that many have tryed other phones but some how the tone quality in xp,s various ones is alot sharper and crisper just a thought
:)

I don't object to trying them out. That is a bit of the fun in it for me. I have tried out some excellently built headphones from Chef which are used here in Europe. It just doesn't hit the highs like the Gray Ghost does, though it's more nuanced at the lower end. And since I am sort of an American transplanted hunter, looking or silver here in Germany, I think I like phones that can hit the highs. UK and European guys like headphones which hit the lower VID's a lot better.

I would be curious if the XP headphones are also more nuanced for the lower VID's and designed for those lower tones rather than the upper ones - I would almost bet that they are as they were designed for the European market first.

Albert

very interesting im pretty sure the xp,s are built for the higher tones well i mean the mid but defo high tone, for example on the other top end machines there mainly run in 3 tone iron mid and high and realy give a good sweet signal to silver and other conductive metals and alot of the stuff in the mid tone range has alot of info on the edges like cartriges for example i still bluming dig the things but am always pretty sure its one before i dig it lol, also before the deus all the other machines purely work on audio so the phones go hand in hand with the machine signals and generaly are very sweet if its something good, see if theres any of your contacts who detect in germany that are willing to lend you a pair of the wired backphones mine have sat around for years as i got the wireless ones as soon as they came out and i think its the same case for most xp users in europe so i bet they have some kicking around :)

I use these as the cord that goes from the control box of the detector to the headphones is replaceable like the Gray Ghost NDT and they make them with the 1/8 inch jack or the 1/4 jack so these fit in real good with no problem and when I want to use them on a detector with the 1/4 jack I just change the cord and it is done. With the Uni Probe I have a pinpointing probe to use to find those deeper targets or those hard to locate, it has great depth and the best I have seen on any pinpointing probe.

Rick