Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless headphone solution for my F75

The Wolf

Just wondering if anyone has found a good wireless solution for their F75. I like my headphones so I would prefer a transmitter module to plug in my existing headphones with the corresponding unit plugged into the detector. Otherwise, a complete wireless headset will have to do. I like full-sized headphones, so nothing with tiny little ear buds, etc. I could probably manage with something smaller like the Deus WS4's, but would really like something with full coverage.

I've heard great things about the TDK WR700 wireless headphones, and also using bluetooth modules, but I worry about the lag time. I want my signal relay to be as fast as the machine itself.

Any help is appreciated, I'm looking to purchase something soon. This wire is getting on my nerves after using a Deus for a bit.

Thanks y'all. HH

I can tell you that I have tried the Sennheiser RS160s with KLEER technology (by enclosing rather large transmitter) in plastic bag and velcroing it to the side of the F75 arm cuff.
Lag was somewhat noticeable, but worse was the terrible tone distortion-muddiness. I'd stay away from this one. Others mileage may vary, but that was my experience with that particular headset.
One positive thing about them, though. After trying them, the corded Sunray Pro Golds did not seem to be any bother at all <g>.

I'd sure like to hear about any winners you may find.

I had the same type of unpleasant experience trying the Rapoos on the 75.
Poor sound quality on a detector where the sounds aren't that great to begin with.
RF from the wireless headphones may interfer with the 75 because of it's sensitivity

the f75 doesn't like the wireless headphones for some reason..my rapoo phones sound great on my etrac and really distorted and tinny on my f75..

Hi Wolf,
This is what I use for wireless. The transmitter is the Scosche TuneIn FMT4 and the Receiver is a San Disk Clip Sport MP3 player (with FM tuner). Both use AAA batteries and both should last more than 30 hours for detector use.
The transmitter lets you choose from 20 different frequencies so it should be easy to find an unused channel in your area. The tuner is also easy to use and allows you to set presets and remembers the selected channel when powered off. Since this is an analog FM transmitter there is zero lag.
I have an F70 but I can't imagine the headphone driver circuitry being different.
You can overdrive the transmitter and will get distortion if you turn up the volume on the F75 too high. I calibrate mine by pinpointing an object and turning the F70 volume from low to high until I hear distortion, then back it off a bit. This ends up being about one quarter turn from the full off position.
The volume on the San Disk is able to be turned up to achieve the same loudness as headphones plugged directly into my F70. The only audible difference you will hear is when it is turned up, you hear a background sound as if you were listening with your hands slightly cupped around your ears, but the tones are crisp, loud, and clear.
I just use a simple rubber band for mounting and have been thinking about attaching the headphone adapter to the transmitter with hot glue. I hesitate because the headphone plug seems to require quite a bit of force to unplug from the unit. My detector is an F70 but the same should apply to the F75.
The Scosche was 20 dollars at Frys and the San Disk was 32 dollars at Best Buy.

Thanks,
D

That looks pretty interesting. I've been looking for a wireless headphone solution and this just may fit the bill. Anything else you can share about it?

Thanks...

That's an awesome setup. Thanks for sharing the idea. So does this allows you to use your headphones of choice, or did your receiver come with specific headphones to use with it? Going to best buy tonorrow, Thanks again!

Yeah, you can use whatever headphones you want. You would need an adapter if your headphones has a quarter inch plug since the San Disk is a mini stereo.
It comes with San Disk earbuds but I don't use them because they don't stay in my ear very well as compared to my skull candy. But I use full size Sony headphones anyway. I coil the headphone cable up and just clip the San Disk to the headphones so there are no dangling cables to get caught on anything while I am digging.

HighPlainsHunter, I guess the only other thing I would add is the San Disk is also an MP3 Player that comes with 4 gig of memory. Also has some sort of audio book feature as well as stop watch and timer.
Oh, I was also mistaken about the batteries in the San Disk. They are not AAA, they are self contained in the unit. Charges via micro usb connection. Charging cable is included and works with any usb charger.

One other important thing when using the tuner. The play, pause button mutes and unmutes the audio, even when in radio mode. That can get you sometimes. You will be fooled into thinking that something is wrong with your rig. You will probably hit it by accident when turning the unit off. On Off is the big oval button, play pause is right above it. If you don't hear anything in radio mode, press that button (above the large oval button). The play pause indicator is on the screen to the left of the battery indicator.

I'm liking that. I already have a SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip mp3 player and various earbuds so I am 2/3 of the way there,

Thanks for the extra info. Definitely going to check into this as I hate the cord on my QZ-99's. The nice thing is that the QZ-99's have both size jacks...

Received both the Scosche and the San Disk Clip Sport today. Just doing some preliminary testing inside as it's too cold to go out. Seems to work fine on my F70 and Omega 8000, but couldn't get much of a sound out of the X-Terra 705 or the Sovereign GT. I'm wondering if they require a mono adapter instead of the stereo adapter or if something else is causing the problem?