Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WIRELESS HEADPHONE USE

MI-AuAg

I am somewhat surprised. Of the many new detector models being introduced, few incorporate wireless headphone options.

I think anyone that uses a machine that came with the wireless option, or has modded their machine to it, is very happy with it. I know I have been with mine!

I'm curious as to some opinions on it, from both positive and negative, as to there availiblity and there use.

I have been interested in the wireless technology for sometime now and that's why I decided to "bite the bullet" an give it a try. I have ordered the Deteknix W6 Pro wireless headphones.

I have experimented with several headset designs that are wireless. Clearly XP Deus backphones are the best in the hot weather and their setup works flawlessly with good battery life. I got tired of poor battery performance and battery deterioration with the Rapoos although the sound was good .The Deteknix first models were problematic with staying hooked up to the detector but they may have solved that issue ,,,,,I won't try a third set to find out unless they send me a set on a trial run,,,which they intimated they would do , but never lived up to the offer.
The CTX WM10 works well , but what a barnish and crude set-up. Minelab must have hired the Geico caveman to design that mess.

From an ergonomic/convenience standpoint, it was incredibly more comfortable for me. I've used my machine with them for years, and whenever I use the non wirless phones on my other machines it's such a huge difference.

I guess I can understand a manufacturer not retrofitting an existing machine due to cost. To incorporate it into a new design just seems like a good idea, at least for mid to upper level machines within their line.

Perhaps I'm misreading the demand, or usefullness to the market.

sprchng said:
I have experimented with several headset designs that are wireless. Clearly XP Deus backphones are the best in the hot weather and their setup works flawlessly with good battery life. I got tired of poor battery performance and battery deterioration with the Rapoos although the sound was good .The Deteknix first models were problematic with staying hooked up to the detector but they may have solved that issue ,,,,,I won't try a third set to find out unless they send me a set on a trial run,,,which they intimated they would do , but never lived up to the offer.
The CTX WM10 works well , but what a barnish and crude set-up. Minelab must have hired the Geico caveman to design that mess.

I have to agree on the Minelab WM10 to a certain extent sprchng. That's the one I use now. That system was introduced in 2012 I believe. I have never run the rechargable battery in the module dry It's a lithium ion battery. Still using the same one since 2013.

Over the last couple years there has been a lot evolving in the wireless area. The Whites V3i & VX3 used the headphones only available from Whites. All the receiving electronics were in the headphone itself. The big downside, they are bulky, and pricey, but no cord hanging. Minelab came with the wireless module, that any headphone can be used with, even buds I believe, that to me was a big advantage. You can use any headphone that's comfortable. You still have the headphone cord there, attached to the small module, usually on your belt, not the detector.

Being there is more out there in terms of aftermarket wireless options, perhaps manufacturers think it's not worth it to build into a machine? I do know that not being attached to the detector is great!

Never used wireless headphones but have read there is a slight delay in receiving the sound compared to standard headphones.

Main machine wireless setup that i use is the Deus with the WS5 headphones,all my other machines i use the Deteknix headphones,a few original US foks mentioned about possible early battery issues or slight delays,in my case and many other UK users that has not been the case.No signal delays as this is not using the Bluetooth setup but RF,for normal everyday use i doubt that anyone will hear a delay.

Would i recommend the Deteknix system,i would say that the setup is about as good as it gets from a after market setup,of course i always carry a full headphone wired set as well just incase anything does go wrong,i also carry a spare backup set of the wired xp backphones in my finds pouch for summer use,the sound quality of these xp wired headphones are truly amazing for the very low price that they sell for and also they have a inline volume control as well,these will put many high end headphones to shame because of the superb quality audio that they produce.

These are of course just my personal opinions as a user who has purchased these accessories.

I've tried out a number of wireless units, including some of the more popular ones. all have had some issue or other; either too much lag, distorted sound, interference, or quality issues. The ones that worked the best were the ones that were designed to work with a particular machine. The Deus backphones and the Minelab WM10 unit are excellent. Maybe so good that it's hard to like anything else.

mrwilburino said:
I've tried out a number of wireless units, including some of the more popular ones. all have had some issue or other; either too much lag, distorted sound, interference, or quality issues. The ones that worked the best were the ones that were designed to work with a particular machine. The Deus backphones and the Minelab WM10 unit are excellent. Maybe so good that it's hard to like anything else.

You hit on exactly what I am trying to figure out mrwilburino.

Of the assortment of aftermarket options in the wireless area, many seem to experience issues as you explained. The dedicated systems designed for/with the specific machine, the two you mentioned, and the ones for the Whites V series machines don't seem to have those issues. I personally have experienced none with my WM10, and am happy with them. As I mentioned in an earlier post, any preferred brand/model headphone/earbuds (except waterproof of course) can be plugged into the simple belt/pocket module. The multiple channel pairing ability gives you interference free sound with no time lag.

I'm wondering why the manufactureres haven't incorporated more of those wireless capabilities in their newer machines? They work well, and the comfort/convenience is imeasurable.

Ha ha! Thanks Sprching. I wish I had read your post earlier.
I have a set of Rapoos on the way. I guess Duez (spelling) is the way to go, huh?
Happy hunting. Kev :crazy:

The manufacturers think metal detectorists are stupid.
We should have MRI machines by now.
Wireless headsets? That is SO high tech!
Happy hunting. Kev :crazy:

[video]https://youtu.be/rqOK924WU6E[/video]I will never go back to wired headphones as far as a delay on the deus headphones I have never had that problem. heres a video I made using them in the thickest iron around and I can pick out the targets at a rapid speed. I am wearing the headphones and just have the remote on for the camara.