Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless headphones for gamma

Eston

Hello everybody, I'm looking for a wireless headphone setup for the gamma 6000.please be specific on what I will need to buy. I would like to make a purchase online before Black Friday is over. Thanks.

Tdk wr700's
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003E49GRC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1448674712&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=tdk+wr700&dpPl=1&dpID=414iJ%2BeastL&ref=plSrch

Thanks Craig. I I've never had wireless headphones, so Is that all I need to buy to make them work with the detector? Thanks again.

I do use a set of the TDK headphones on a few of my machines and they do work pretty good,only downside with them is that if after say a 3 minute time duration and no noise has been heard through the headphones they will shut down to conserve battery power,of course if you have some sort of threshold hum or continues noise they will stay working fine,i mainly use them on my Pulse machine and also sometimes on my T2 which does have threshold noise all the time so i dont have any problems with them shutting down.

I personally dont notice any lag,they are not Bluetooth as such as i understand it which do have a lag,the ideal ones operate on RF freq and they are nearly real time like the Deus ones that i use,must admit out of all the aftermarket wireless headphones the TDK ones have been very good for sound reproduction and i am pleased with them.

Even better if you can get them ultra cheap like you did,had mine a few years and still going strong,they do last reasonably well on batteries but worth taking some just incase,i find that i can get about 20 hours give or take on a fresh set of batteries,of course it depends on the quality of them i guess.

Just one last thing,i was out one day and then noticed that it had no sounds anymore,what had happened was my coat had pulled the transmitter off the detector and fallen on the ground,i found it again so worth firmly fixing it on the control box of what ever you mount it on.

Thanks for the input Mega. Would rechargeable batteries be a good alternative with these headphones?

Eston said:
Thanks for the input Mega. Would rechargeable batteries be a good alternative with these headphones?

Cannot give a true answer on that one,i would think that they would run but for how long i cannot say,please dont expect Deus cordless headphone performance which are about as perfect as possible as they are in a different league,but what i will say they do away with a lead and work reasonably well on a variety of detectors that i use them on.

Eston said:

Yep, get some with high mah like eneloop pro. I used those when I had them. No shut off issues. Very nice phones.

I had EMI/RFI interference problems using wireless headphones with my Gamma ... would suggest making sure they can be returned if necessary.

Joe

Thanks for the advice Joe; which headphones gave you issues? I just received the Tdk wr700 headphones this weekend that Craig had suggested. I haven't had a chance to use them yet, but I will keep that in mind... Thanks.

Thanks to the link that Craig posted, I just received my TDK 700's yesterday and tested them on the Gamma. Seemed to work just fine. I've tried others, but they had one problem or another and returned them...

Eston said:
Thanks for the advice Joe; which headphones gave you issues?

I'm traveling right now and the headphones are back at home, so I can't check them. Another detectorist mentioned the ones you're getting and they seem to work well. It will be a pleasure to go wireless. Let us know how they work with your Gamma.

Cheers,

Joe

Hey Craig, I just used my new headphones for the 1st time this morning. They work great and make this hobby even better! Thanks again.

Just bought a set of the DETEKNIX RF cordless headphones,these are about as good as they get for detecting,tried a set out last weekend and found absolutely or certainly non that i could detect delay what so ever,tone clarity was also spot on,the plan is that i can then use these on a fair few detectors without being tethered by a lead.