Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

wireless headphones for the racer

jtalley007

Not sure how they did it but Whites hit a home run with their wireless headphones. Very well made, comfortable. I think at the time Bluetooth didn't quite measure up so think they designed their own wireless. They worked great and were my favorite feature of that detector. I know Makro will deliver something we'll be pleased with. Second favorite setup was Minelab Wireless module, you could use your favorite compatible headphones. I put the module in my backpack, a module would be acceptable to me. Thanks Makro, we are rooting for your company.

Proprietary will be the answer...

Im cool, with a 3 ft cord myself...

Killerb' s sound great on the racer by the way..

Keith

I'm in agreement with Keith, preferring a quality set of headphones with a short, durable coiled cord. My White's Pro Star headphones are also very comfortable with the slightly larger 'tank' style ear-cups, but I also have my Killer B 'Wasp' and at-the-ready camo version Killer B II's. Great audio on both the Racer and FORS, as well as most every other detector I've used them on.

Monte

wifi phones allows you to dig more holes so why guys prefer corded is beyond me ,XP deus phones are unlikely to be beaten for some time

Why does WI Fi allow you to dig more Holes...i dont believe I've never not dug a hole because I had my headphones plugged in...actually I dig probably more Holes in iron infested sites than I need to chasing signals..

on my DEUS I actually like to plug my own phones into the module..

Keith

Why does WI Fi allow you to dig more Holes...

I think it is a reference to convenience = less time adjusting a detectors position so you can dig. I know there are times when I need to move my detector out of the way and readjust because of the cord. Not often, but it does happen. I prefer wireless myself as long as no lag is involved. The best I have used are the Deus. V3i and CTX.

Keith Southern said:
Why does WI Fi allow you to dig more Holes...i dont believe I've never not dug a hole because I had my headphones plugged in...actually I dig probably more Holes in iron infested sites than I need to chasing signals..

on my DEUS I actually like to plug my own phones into the module..

Keith

when i am in woods the cables snag on branches and when i get down to dig with my probe its a case of taking off the phones and the machine flat on the ground starts squeeling in unstability . with the dues speed on holes is better as i am not wired in and i pack in more holes and make more finds ,after doing the dig phones have to be positioned on the head again and machine turned on in some cases ,re balanced .
Brits are after smaller coins so needs more concentration as they could be no bigger than a ciggy tip .
why make life difficult with wired in headphones ? beats me

i prefer my delta4000 in trashy areas but the wired in phones is a nuisance