Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless Headphones on AT Max

Tbone1

Thinking about this detector and wondering from users if they are happy with the wireless headphones on this unit.

Have the Nox 800 and my trusty old Whites V3i and spoiled on the wireless headphones.

Or any general comments regarding this detector.
Have never used a Garrett but thinking I might like to give it a try.
My water detecting is mostly just in the rain as I live in the great Pacific NW.
Do anticipate some beach hunting though.
Thanks!

The Garrett Z Link system is excellent. The AT Max is a very good all around single frequency VLF. You might want to keep in mind that Garrett is due to release their Multi Flex AT type detector at some point in the near future. Garrett has always offered a good selection on accessory coils and has outstanding Customer service.

The AT Max is the first one I owned !
Got a great price on it, and i would say everything good you've read about it's true !
The Z-Lynk MS-3 head phones fit good on my fat head! lol. And i like that the pro pointer AT works very well together.
one button push link up easy Pease, it all work together like corn bread and honey. sorry foodie joke.
On the other hand ( learning curve is a beast and I knew this going in.) good folks hear told me this from the start!
But I like a challenge.
-(iron disc. ) and notch ! And( iron audio) ...there is work arounds and cheats. There is a lot of info out there to help me tame the beast too.
learning the right tones and what they mean ie. damn pull tabs.. looks like silver!
Or mid range gold tones but notch helps with this!
I'll say this i learn something every time i turn it on.
keeps me from being bored. so I don't mind a little fight, and I don't get to uptight. so yup i like her.

P.S.
opinions are like pull tabs and pop tops! cant stop myself from digging them up!:ROFLMAO::detecting:
KEEP THE COIL TO THE SOIL.

I'm a F5 and Teknetics guy and have never used any of the Garrett detectors but I've used the Z-link system on for a while and love it. I initially started with the transmitter/receiver combo with wired headphones and later purchased the Z-link headphones. i've not looked back since. (y)

F5

The At Max is a good detector and the wireless setup, I think, is great. It won me another wireless rig in Vaughn Garretts find of the month contest. I had that one plus the Equinox 600. Sold the 600 after taking it over some of the same ground/spots as the Max. The Max, in my opinion outdid the 600, covering virtually the same ground. I dug 1 bullet with the 600, not deep at all,12 with the Max...and these were deep! Good luck!