Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless Headphones

Rivermarine1

We have all dealth with the frustration of the headphone cords connecting us to our units. A couple of days ago, I purchased a wireless headphone set to see how it will work. I haven't had the opportunity to test it other than in my back yard, but with a couple of modifications, I think it will work out quite well. One thing I didn't like about so far deals with the batteries. My prochure said it had a 10 hour life, but instead of being able to do a change out for new ones, I have to plug it and the headphones into an outlet to recharge them. The unit comes with a 1/8 plug, so I had to buy an adapter. I bought a 90 degree adapter so I could align it with my unit. I glued pieces of velcro to the unit and the detector cover so it holds in place. Has anyone else tried this and how did it work for you?

Well you don't state the name of the unit you bought. Nevertheless, I think if it's wireless you have to charge them or else the unit would be kind of bulky if it had to hold batteries. I use the Radio Shack wireless unit and it works just fine.It holds it's charge for about 6-7 hours and then has to be recharged.

wireless and they work pretty good but once the batteries get old and don't hold the charge anymore, you might as well throw them away. I took mine back to Radio Shack to try and get the batteries replaced and they were at a loss. I've heard Logitech has the Free Pulse Wireless set and they are suppose to be pretty good but can't find out what type of rechargeable batteries it uses. It would be nice if they were lithium but if they are nicads like the Radio Shack's then after a couple of years they would have to be replaced if you know how to do it. Radio Shacks are $60, Logitech are $99. HH

I tried a cheapo set of wireless headphones today. The "controller" took 2 AAA batteries and the headphones take 2 AA batteries so the weight was light. It worked well. The funny thing is that they will also act as a radio. When I first turned them on, I had it on the wrong channel and was listening to the radio. I figured it out and they worked well without any hesitation.

The background noise sounded like I was at the ocean too. It was nice. And to not have the wire hanging up on things was wonderful. I don't know how long the batteries will last and right now I don't have the name brand but I will look tomorrow and give you a name.

Mine is a Radio Shack, but luckily we have a batteries plus store where I have had good luck finding replacement batteries for many things Radio Shack couldn't support.

Here are some pictures of the unit and it's setup on my detector. Sorry the pics aren't so good I had glued velcro to the unit and the weather cover to keep it in place.

problem is, when the time comes to replace the batteries, how do you do it? The reps at RS didn't know how it was done. HH

I posted this a couple of years ago. It worked great for a year. Then it bit the dust. My battery life was about 5 hours. I had tried 2 other Blue tooth wireless phones and both had a signal lag. These 33-1253 Radio Shacks are about the best for the money.

I had mine apart and you have to solder the batteries in - if I remember right? They are NiCads. If I get another set I'll install some Nickel Metal batteries in there.

Radio Shack said they could replace the battery, I have had problems with their batteries before, In the same shopping area is another store called "Batteries Plus" They have made replacement batteries for items that Radio Shack couldn't. If this one goes out, I intend to try there.

I looked at my headphones and unfortunately they did not have a brand name on them. A friend of mine got them free while attending a convention or something like that.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.