Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless headphones

artman60

Please excuse me if this has been covered before, just trying to get it in, and get back to the Bruins game. A friend, who doesn't use a Garretts, has installed TDK WR7000 wireless headphones on his detector, and loves them. Anyone know if they, or similar ones would work on the Pro? Artie

I've got a set of TDK WR 700's that work on the ATP. You have to get a Radio Shack volume control to make them work tho. I wasn't too impressed with them on the ATP tho, there is a delay that drove me nuts. I use them on my computer now.

I wish Garrett would make/sell a longer cord version of their headphones. I don't mind the cord, it just seems like 1-2 more feet would work perfectly for me. Thank you for the info though. Maybe if I get some nice finds I'll splurge and see how they react, cause I can always go back to the stock ones. Artie

I got tired of the short cord and hot ear cups on the ATP headphones. Bought the adapter, an extention with volume control and 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter at Radio Shack. Use them with any headphone, but use earbuds with the part that hooks behind the ears. It's all plenty long and I can adjust the volume, and hear what's going on around me. Without my ears getting hot and sweaty.

I have also used the TDK WR 700's on my At Pro and had no problem with any delay. The pinpointing worked well and the signal was crystal clear. I have since obtained 2 sets of the Auvio 33-283 wireless headphones and use them on both my AT Pros.

I wish Garrett would build a headphone set so I could wear my wide brim hat outdoors with the volume control, because I get blistered everytime I wear my regular cap even tho I try and cover my head with a large bandana. I'm not the handyman type when it comes to electronics. The cord on the AT/Pro is too short, I agree. Except when I water hunt and have my limbsaver sling on. It helps when I'm on land but does get underfoot sometimes.

I bought the adapter when the headphones broke, and I was waiting for the replacement ones to come in. I am thinking it would be much easier to not be attached to the detector. Glad to see you're a Bruins fan Leslie. How's the knee coming? Artie

Found Amazon selling the TDK WR700 for $115, with free shipping. Artie

I also have a Auvio wireless headphone set (33-283) that I would like to use on my AT Pro. I bought the Garrett Headphone Adaptor kit and can't seem to get it to work. It comes through the headphones but will not turn off the detector speaker on the AT Pro - So they both sound off!! Help!! Thank you...

You need to add an inline volume control, then you should be good to go.

Great! Is that just a plug in after the Garrett adaptor and before the wireless transmitter? That will automatically shut off the AT Pro speaker? Thanks much for your input...

Yes - some people use the Radio Shack ones, or you can save a few bucks and get them on ebay (mine are Koss).

Bought the TDK WR700 headphone last night on ebay for $80, brand new, still in box, free shipping. So if I don't like them, it's not a whole lot of money, and if I do like them, pretty good deal. Supposed to get them Friday, I'll let ya's know my thoughts after a tryout period. Artie