Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless Headphones

Is anyone tinkering with a Wireless Headphone set up that works well on the Pro/Gold? Obviously the Auvio 33-283's are all gone now and I think that the TDK WR70's are kind of klunky to wear.

Ray

I'm with you, bro! I'd love a pair of good wireless, no-lag phones, especially if they were behind the neck so I could wear a hat w/brim.

I had the Auvio 33-283 buds, not bad, but they died. For now, I have gone back to wired. I bought a pair of Polk Audio Ultra Fit 2000's - I also added a coiled extension, because the Polks just have a 4' flat kevlar cord (which is excellent, same as the Klipsch S4 buds (love 'em!). I just hook the coiled extension to a clip on my tool belt and I'm good to go. (p.s. - I got some mfg refurbs for half price on ebay- perfect).

The garrett audio adapter has a weak soldered connection, so make sure it doesn't get snagged. The second time mine died, I dissected it and soldered together right and epoxied (JB Weld Marine) the fitting. If it gives again, I'll eat it! I also add some additional strain relief with multiple lengths of heat shrink tubing and / or magic (self-sealing) tape.

Love to hear about a great new wireless set if anyone finds one! (Forget anything Bluetooth, even the latest generation have a BIG lag issue).

I tried the TDK's and I love them for my computer and TV but not on my detector...ugghhh!! Get yourself some Grey Ghost Amphibians, best out there for the ATP and ATG!! I know, they are wired, but they have a nice long cord and are ready to go for land or water.

I have been using the Rapoo H3070 wireless headphones for about 2 months and they work great with the AT Pro. They have a volume control, decent battery life and the are small and light weight. I like them so well and since they are only around $40 to $45, I ordered a second pair for a back-up. There is no lag and the sound quality is pretty good. I have the Grey ghost Amphibians for the water and I will use them on land when the weather is cooler.

I had a look at the Rapoo headphones yesterday and I can see why they cost in the $50 range - Cheap junk is not the word. It is really hard to believe that someone is not trying to cater to our hobby

Ray