Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wiring Gray Ghost Amphibians AT Pro for Equinox

docaudio

I bought a 1/8 mono water proof plug to fit Equinox off ebay . I have a Gray Ghost Amphibians for Garrett AT pro . The Gray Ghost only has 2 wires [ a red wire and Black}. I wired the red wire to tip and ring , black to the sleeve. No sound at all on the Equinox. I plugged it into a portable CD player and maybe 20% volume but not much.
Regular headphone work nice and load in the Equinox and CD Player. Is there a volume restriction on the Gray Ghost Amphi for the AT PRO. I also tried wiring the ring to the sleeve to the red and black to the tip and that did not work at all.
Any help would be Great.

Hi there

I don’t think these will work - will need some form of audio transformer I think..... I tried to modify xcal phones also, and could only get acceptable volume with a small audio transformer,

Dale

Every waterproof headphone I've tried on the Equniox has low audio, the only advantage they are waterproof.

Since you have a waterproof connector, you may want to consider going with your favorite land headset at least you'll be waterproof up to your neck. In most water conditions, thats enough.

Have had two water proof phones modified by a professional, one of the two sets is slightly louder the maker added two speakers to each side (4 speakers total).

A third I did myself with a Gray Ghost, of the three the waterproof headset with 4 speakers is the loudest but still not loud enough even with maximum volume. Think the Equniox is the problem, land phones are ok on volume just water proof phones are on the soft side.

Good luck,
Paul

Yup had a set of Harold’s headphones so brought a adapter to get them to work on equinox
Very low volume, not usable
Bummer because there awesome on ctx
Seller of adapter said it will work with ctx waterproof headphones
Now wondering
Are you saying all waterproof headphones will not get even decent volume on equinox
I sent in equinox so will try when I get it back
What about ones Minelab are selling now
Thanks Ron

I've actually destroyed several nice pair of headphones-- LOL ... I finally discovered that Sea Hunter blues hook directly to the excal and are LOUD. I've bought another set, and already have the adapter will try them on the Equinox and post. Nox is due to be delivered today! YAAAA

Ron it's the adapter, you have to use a connector made for the Equinox.